News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

OZARK S4 SPOILER DISCUSSION

Started by T200, January 30, 2022, 02:08:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on February 02, 2022, 10:36:33 AM
Somehow the mob and Javi are going to mix it up and there will be blood - lots of it...that's what I think anyway. The private dick might also be in the middle of it and now that Ruth knows it was Javi - she will too. Somehow I also think Mia and her FBI bosses could end up on a slab as well as the woman running the big pharm company.

The way this show goes, I wouldn't be surprised if every last character ends up dead - end of show.

I don't know if you ever watched Fargo (the series, not the movie), but very similar to the piling up of deaths to the point where pretty much everyone in the show ends up dead - even the ones you were rooting for. Great series. Free on Hulu, can buy it on Prime. There's 4 seasons and each season is a complete and finished story. The first couple seasons were tops and the last couple were still good, but not like the first ones. Great cast for each season. Highly recommend

I think we have discussed Fargo when the last season was on. YES, I agree completely about this show, may be one of the best and quirkiest shows ever on TV. Again I agree the first and second seasons were really Must Watch TV, and the 3rd and 4th were also much better than most shows. I fully enjoyed them all.
If anyone is interested, nothing like the movie, except for the settings.

So, as I have said, and maybe Tim has a point, I am still stuck on the overturned minivan that started the entire 4th season. Tim doesn't think it will end that way, but why not? Would that be the perfect irony after all the killings, collusions, near-death experiences they all had, to finally be able to escape and get back to living a normal life, and then they all die in a silly car accident. Would not make a lot of people happy, but I can see it ending that way.

I don't see the KC Mob and the cartel dueling it out. But we know Ruth has a huge desire to do Javi in. I also don't see the people from the FBI getting whacked same for Mia.  But I ahve been wrong on others also. Like GOT and TWD no one is safe and that's what brings so much t o these great series.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: LennG on February 02, 2022, 11:08:39 AM
I think we have discussed Fargo when the last season was on. YES, I agree completely about this show, may be one of the best and quirkiest shows ever on TV. Again I agree the first and second seasons were really Must Watch TV, and the 3rd and 4th were also much better than most shows. I fully enjoyed them all.
If anyone is interested, nothing like the movie, except for the settings.

So, as I have said, and maybe Tim has a point, I am still stuck on the overturned minivan that started the entire 4th season. Tim doesn't think it will end that way, but why not? Would that be the perfect irony after all the killings, collusions, near-death experiences they all had, to finally be able to escape and get back to living a normal life, and then they all die in a silly car accident. Would not make a lot of people happy, but I can see it ending that way.

I don't see the KC Mob and the cartel dueling it out. But we know Ruth has a huge desire to do Javi in. I also don't see the people from the FBI getting whacked same for Mia.  But I ahve been wrong on others also. Like GOT and TWD no one is safe and that's what brings so much t o these great series.

Unless in some twist of fate, the only survivor is Jonah who goes on to pursue a life of crime in the money laundering business and voila - a whole new series of Ozark like craziness, just all new characters except Jonah (and maybe Ruth as the ring leader). That would be pretty cool
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

Sem

Finally finished and up to date. A few thoughts....

Julia Garner (Ruth) is absolutely fantastic. She never ceases to amaze me. WOW!!

Not surprised that Darlene got whacked, in fact I expected it, you don't mess with the cartel and a mob boss. And when Wyatt made the choice to go back to Darlene instead of with Ruth I was even less surprised he was killed.

Is it just me or does nephew Javi seem very similar in style to Better Call Saul

T200

Quote from: Sem on February 08, 2022, 12:40:21 AM
Finally finished and up to date. A few thoughts....

Julia Garner (Ruth) is absolutely fantastic. She never ceases to amaze me. WOW!!

Not surprised that Darlene got whacked, in fact I expected it, you don't mess with the cartel and a mob boss. And when Wyatt made the choice to go back to Darlene instead of with Ruth I was even less surprised he was killed.

Is it just me or does nephew Javi seem very similar in style to Better Call Saul
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Sem

Quote from: T200 on February 08, 2022, 09:03:33 AM
Steve,

I think there's definitely more to the PI. He's popping up in too many places and has too much information for someone who is just "looking for a signature" from Helen. He very well could be working for Navarro in some capacity. But if he is, why the charade of looking for Helen when Navarro had her killed.

I also think Navarro's hitman (driver and guy who killed Ben) is the one keeping tabs on the Byrdes. I think it's through him that Omar knew where Charlotte and Jonah were hiding out.
Fair points, but I don't recall seeing the driver at all when the kids went to hide out. Based on what was shown to us only the PI was observing the kids.

LennG

I was surprised at Darlene's doom. I really thought she was going to die from what appeared to be a heart attack with Ruth just watching over her. That would have been fitting. When she survived that only to be taken out as soon as she heads in the door, well, that did surprise me. I always knew she wouldn't make it to the end of the series as she pissed too many people off.

As we have discussed, I can definitely see Ruith taking out Javi.

Myself, I really don't think Mel is working for the cartel. Yes, he tells everyone he sees, where is Helen, he just needs a signature, but that is bull. I do believe he doesn't know about Helen's demise as he prods too many people to 'fill him in and he won't tell anyone'. I don't believe he is working for her ex-husband, but someone else who is searching for Helen.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

LennG

Charlie Weiss

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: LennG on February 19, 2022, 12:35:47 PM
As we have talked about already, but here is a great synopsis of the past 7 episodes of each character

https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment/news/that-explosive-ozark-ending-explained/ar-AAU4tXr?ocid=msedgntp

Great stuff and very insightful. Sounds like few are going to get out of this alive if this author is on point. I'm glad he did a piece on the mysterious Mel. And he nails his summation of Ruth.

Sounds like there's a lot more blood to be shed  =))

T200

Quote from: LennG on February 19, 2022, 12:35:47 PM
As we have talked about already, but here is a great synopsis of the past 7 episodes of each character

https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment/news/that-explosive-ozark-ending-explained/ar-AAU4tXr?ocid=msedgntp
Thanks for the link, Len.

A couple of thoughts on some of the characters:

Charlotte: I think she may have a significant role in the second half. She put Erin on notice when she told her to not speak of her mom's death or else. Charlotte could be a player either for Marty or Wendy.

Maya: I don't see how she survives. I think Omar or Javi will take her out. Her bosses will be uspet but not terribly because she went behind their backs to arrest Omar. And where the hell is her baby's father????

Frank Jr.: He has a soft spot for Ruth. I can see him getting his mob guys to have it out with Javi and the cartel for Ruth.

Darlene: What happens to all of her land and property? Does it go to Wyatt since they were legally married? And now that Wyatt's dead, does it go to Three? Since Three is a minor, does it fall to Ruth as his guardian until he is 18? Do Ruth and Frank Jr restart the business?  :-??

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: T200 on February 22, 2022, 10:14:14 AM
Thanks for the link, Len.

A couple of thoughts on some of the characters:

Charlotte: I think she may have a significant role in the second half. She put Erin on notice when she told her to not speak of her mom's death or else. Charlotte could be a player either for Marty or Wendy.

Maya: I don't see how she survives. I think Omar or Javi will take her out. Her bosses will be uspet but not terribly because she went behind their backs to arrest Omar. And where the hell is her baby's father????

Frank Jr.: He has a soft spot for Ruth. I can see him getting his mob guys to have it out with Javi and the cartel for Ruth.

Darlene: What happens to all of her land and property? Does it go to Wyatt since they were legally married? And now that Wyatt's dead, does it go to Three? Since Three is a minor, does it fall to Ruth as his guardian until he is 18? Do Ruth and Frank Jr restart the business?  :-??

Those are great questions. I have no idea of course, but I was wondering about who gets Darlene/Wyatt's property myself. I assume Ruth inherits it because she's the only blood relative left since Darlene had no kids and Wyatt's family has all been killed off except Ruth. Of course the baby might be the legal person to inherit the land/business, but he's many years away from handling anything

I never thought about Maya's baby-father, but that is a really good question!  :-??

Charlotte seems insignificant in the grand scheme of things...to me anyway. Like everything else in the show, that can change in an instant

Wendy has gone off the rails and I'm curious just how deep a hole she will dig herself into. Something's gotta give there

EDjohnst1981

I think Wendy and Omar walk off into the sunset together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: EDjohnst1981 on February 22, 2022, 10:56:05 AM
=)) =)) =))

You could be right. If anything in this show, there's always a big surprise!

T200

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on February 22, 2022, 10:28:28 AM
Those are great questions. I have no idea of course, but I was wondering about who gets Darlene/Wyatt's property myself. I assume Ruth inherits it because she's the only blood relative left since Darlene had no kids and Wyatt's family has all been killed off except Ruth. Of course the baby might be the legal person to inherit the land/business, but he's many years away from handling anything

I never thought about Maya's baby-father, but that is a really good question!  :-??

Charlotte seems insignificant in the grand scheme of things...to me anyway. Like everything else in the show, that can change in an instant

Wendy has gone off the rails and I'm curious just how deep a hole she will dig herself into. Something's gotta give there
Wyatt's brother, Three, would get anything due Wyatt before Ruth since she's just a cousin.

Three is still around as far as I know.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: T200 on February 22, 2022, 11:03:41 AM
Wyatt's brother, Three, would get anything due Wyatt before Ruth since she's just a cousin.

Three is still around as far as I know.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Good catch. Forgot about "Three", named after Dale Earnhardt's car number (talk about trailer trash...probably raised in a camo diaper with "3" emblazoned on it...LMAO). He rarely makes an appearance on the show so went right by me.

LennG

Quote from: EDjohnst1981 on February 22, 2022, 10:56:05 AM

I don't think so as we saw in the opening clip, the entire family is together, happy and leaving before the car crash.

I also thought Wendy would get to visit Ben, but it sure didn't seem that way.

Charlie Weiss