News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Pretzel rolls

Started by MightyGiants, November 18, 2022, 12:59:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

What is a way to take a hamburger to a whole new level.

I recently discovered that pretzel rolls and hamburger buns exist.  Damn do they super charge a burger.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

weeze

ummm, ok what is a pretzel roll?
PORSCHE =there is NO substitute!

MightyGiants

Quote from: weeze on November 18, 2022, 02:37:33 PMummm, ok what is a pretzel roll?

Take the stuff you make soft pretzels out of and bake it in the shape of a roll (and skip the outer salt coating)
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

Wendy's has a pretzel burger and it's terrific. Single double or triple. Single tastes the best.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Sem

Quote from: Ed Vette on November 18, 2022, 03:26:42 PMWendy's has a pretzel burger and it's terrific. Single double or triple. Single tastes the best.

So you're saying the best part of the pretzel burger is the roll? I think I'll pass. If I do get a craving for a pretzel I'll grab one at Auntie Anne's.  ;)

Actually I was thinking recently about what to do with my spent grains on brew day. Perhaps I'll dry some and mill it into flour for rolls.  Hmmmmm.

LennG

I can't speak of them as Hamberger buns, but a bakery in my neighborhood has been making Pretzel Rolls for more years than I have been living here. A side note, this particular bakery has been voted best bakery on Long Island 7 different times, so their stuff is good and I have been a fan of these pretzel rolls since the first time I ate one. I never thought about using them for hamburgers, I usually have them with some fresh cream cheese, some lox, a slice of Bermuda onion, and another slice of beefsteak tomato.  If fact I have some in the freezer right now, so maybe tomorrow for lunch???

In the pic, the pretzel roll is the one right on the top
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Ed Vette

Quote from: Sem on November 18, 2022, 04:19:47 PMSo you're saying the best part of the pretzel burger is the roll? I think I'll pass. If I do get a craving for a pretzel I'll grab one at Auntie Anne's.  ;)

Actually I was thinking recently about what to do with my spent grains on brew day. Perhaps I'll dry some and mill it into flour for rolls.  Hmmmmm.
I didn't say that. The roll with the ingredients make a good product.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Sem

Quote from: Ed Vette on November 18, 2022, 05:05:34 PMI didn't say that. The roll with the ingredients make a good product.
Gotcha.  :ok:

Sem

Quote from: LennG on November 18, 2022, 04:42:11 PMI can't speak of them as Hamberger buns, but a bakery in my neighborhood has been making Pretzel Rolls for more years than I have been living here. A side note, this particular bakery has been voted best bakery on Long Island 7 different times, so their stuff is good and I have been a fan of these pretzel rolls since the first time I ate one. I never thought about using them for hamburgers, I usually have them with some fresh cream cheese, some lox, a slice of Bermuda onion, and another slice of beefsteak tomato.  If fact I have some in the freezer right now, so maybe tomorrow for lunch???

In the pic, the pretzel roll is the one right on the top

Oh man....those look fantastic!! I'm not sure where that is but I remember finding a really good bagel shop in Queens when we were taking our daughter to St. John's for school visits when she was choosing which college to attend. (Keep in mind I grew up in an area that wasn't exactly known for its bagels, so take my opinion with a grain of salt). I guess it's a good thing she ended up not choosing St. John's otherwise I would've turned into a bagel.

This is it. Ever been here?  -  http://bagelsn.co/about/

Slugsy-Narrows

Jesus you are about a decade behind lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MightyGiants

Quote from: Slugsy-Narrows on November 18, 2022, 06:40:23 PMJesus you are about a decade behind lol

Great, keep the great ideas to yourself  >:D
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

LennG

Quote from: Sem on November 18, 2022, 05:24:49 PMOh man....those look fantastic!! I'm not sure where that is but I remember finding a really good bagel shop in Queens when we were taking our daughter to St. John's for school visits when she was choosing which college to attend. (Keep in mind I grew up in an area that wasn't exactly known for its bagels, so take my opinion with a grain of salt). I guess it's a good thing she ended up not choosing St. John's otherwise I would've turned into a bagel.

This is it. Ever been here?  -  http://bagelsn.co/about/

Steve

It took me a few minutes to see where that bagel place was. I can't say if I ever bought anything there. as I used to do a lot of work in that area and stopped at quite a few 'Kosher' places like that for lunch. No, I rarely get into that area, but thanks for the  heads up.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: MightyGiants on November 18, 2022, 06:52:23 PMGreat, keep the great ideas to yourself  >:D
Smash burger had a Pretzel roll about a decade + ago

Wasn't my secret - word was on the street! Lol

weeze

um ok,  I kinda don't eat at hamburger fast food type places myself.
And you guys look down your noses at gator tail?
How about coneys and salt potatoes and all that Syracuse stuff I grew up with :laugh: ?
Long Island Indeed!
PORSCHE =there is NO substitute!