News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Hulu Black Friday deal

Started by LennG, November 20, 2022, 04:26:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

Every year Hulu offers a special deal around this time of year. This year it is a full year of Hulu (with commercials) for $1.99 a month. The last year it was .99 cents a month but inflation I guess, still, it is a great deal. Yes, there are commercials but on Hulu, they are usually very short, most under 2 minutes.

If anyone is interested

https://www.hulu.com/GMA
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Bill Brown

I have Hulu live +++ and really enjoy it. It's a bit pricey but I think it offers quite a bit for the price. A lot less expensive than what I used to pay for spectrum.

Bill
""The Turk" comes for all of us.  We just don't know when he will knock."

Jolly Blue Giant

I have Hulu (commercial free) going on several years. I like it a lot because they seem to try harder to get new material that is actually interesting. Of the big three (Netflix, Prime, and Hulu) they seem to actually try to bring in movies and obscure tv shows that are worthy of watching. Prime rarely puts on something worth watching and Netflix seems to prefer quantity over quality
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

LennG

I usually don't watch as much on Hulu, except for a few older shows, like we are currently rewatching all the episodes of Frazier and Cheers. I have watched just a few stories on Hulu but much really doesn't seem that interesting to me.

I disagree about Netflix though. Yes, they are awash in countless things but there are many really great shows on Netflix, you just have to find them out.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

T200

Quote from: LennG on November 21, 2022, 12:10:25 PMI disagree about Netflix though. Yes, they are awash in countless things but there are many really great shows on Netflix, you just have to find them out.
There was a post here a while ago about Netflix category codes I thought was very helpful to search specific genres.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

MightyGiants

I have subscribed to Hulu for quite some time.  I get a sense that the more you watch Hulu, the longer the commercials.  There are times when I will go months without viewing anything.  When I came back, there were hardly any commercials.  If I start to follow a series, though, the commercials seem to become longer and more frequent.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jolly Blue Giant

I pay the extra couple of bucks to go ad-free. Even with Peacock that I got just to follow Yellowstone. Funny thing, it's 4.99 a month, but 5.00 for commercial-free...LOL. I can't imagine anyone saving a single penny and then suffering through commercials. One cent isn't even worth one cent anymore
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

Jclayton92

Even the free stuff these days has actual good stuff. I was watching my girlfriends grandmother the other day and she had Tubi and Pluto TV which are free apps that have tons of free movies and TV with just 2 commercials per movie. I put on the John Wick trilogy and she was content knitting and Wicking it up!

Bill Brown

Along with Hulu I have HBO Max, FRNDLY (has hallmark for wife), Netflix and Disney+ and today I  watched Rio Bravo for the 100th time.  =))  =))  =))

Bill
""The Turk" comes for all of us.  We just don't know when he will knock."

weeze

I just started with this type of programming and when you say it seems tailored to you, I absolutely agree. I've only had YOUTUBETV for what? 3 weeks now and the shows that come up during searching are always the same shows I watch. Rockford Files, X Files, Buffy the Vampire slayer, all those cute girls on there.
 Still cant figure out the remote the way I would like and don't know how to get over to all those channels that aren't listed in your personal inventory, but there's a area where its loaded. SLG told me just search A or B and you get lists and lists of material to watch.
 xxxx I gotta shut up I just wander on and on. Must be the meds. Sorry bout that. 
PORSCHE =there is NO substitute!

Sem

Quote from: ps11yat14 on November 21, 2022, 04:49:21 PMAlong with Hulu I have HBO Max, FRNDLY (has hallmark for wife), Netflix and Disney+ and today I  watched Rio Bravo for the 100th time.  =))  =))  =))

Bill

One of my all time favorite movies!!