News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

CDB oil seems to do a pretty good job reducing pain

Started by MightyGiants, October 13, 2023, 01:11:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

Some years back, I had @Ed Vette suggest it as a relief from stress and anxiety.  I never tried it then because I didn't feel comfortable with a supplier.  Since this is a supplement and not a drug, the quality is dependent on who produces it so finding a proper supplier is critical to ensure potency and consistency.

Anyway, recently, I heard that someone who I trust (a former FBI agent, physical therapist, and EMT) had recommended a supplier of CBD called Happy Hemp (they are an online supplier).  I figured since my fitness watch often measured stress during my sleeping hours (reducing the recharge my body received), I would give it a try.  I order their CBD gummies with 10 mg CBD per gummy.   So, I took two at night to see if it helped.   I took another in the morning (since my stress levels during the day were pretty high after a couple of days because the two at night didn't seem to be helping.

After about 5 days, I didn't see a measurable reduction in my stress levels, so I sort of gave up on the project.  Since they didn't taste horrible and I had already paid for them, I continued taking them.

Funny thing happened after a couple of weeks.  I had been dealing with hip bursitis for months.  It was pretty painful, and no amount of stretching, icing, some activity reduction, or rehab-type strengthening seemed to help.  I took Ibuprophen with limited relief but had to stop as it was upping my BP.  Anyway, suddenly, the pain in my hip got better over the next week, and there was a significant improvement in the pain levels every single day.  The only thing I had changed was the CBD.

In my weekly phone calls with my 85-year-old father, he would complain every week for at least the past year of hip and leg pain due to what the doctors diagnosed as spinal stenosis.   Well, I suggested he try the CBD, after he got signed off by his doctor (with his age and medical conditions, I wanted to be extra careful).  Anyway, the next week after that, he told me the pain was getting better, and in the call after that, he told me he was feeling pretty good (he sounded more upbeat than I had heard him in months).

So, if anyone is dealing with chronic pain issues (especially those involving inflammation), you might want to look into CBD (I will offer the same condition as with my father, with the blessing of your doctor).
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Bill Brown

Which ones did you buy. Website has lots of items

Bill
""The Turk" comes for all of us.  We just don't know when he will knock."

MightyGiants

Quote from: Bill Brown on October 13, 2023, 02:35:51 PMWhich ones did you buy. Website has lots of items

Bill

Happy Hemp CBD gummy bears (not the nighttime).   I bought the 250mg and then the 750mg  option

https://www.gethappyhemp.com/product/happy-hemp-cbd-gummy-bears/
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

LennG

What type of testing was done on this?

What may be the long-term effects of taking this?

Seems no one really knows.

Also, why not just smoke a joint, that will also make you feel better?
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

T200

Quote from: LennG on October 13, 2023, 04:02:44 PMWhat type of testing was done on this?

Gummies don't smell like weed, as far as I know.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

LennG

Wasn't talking about the smell, but the benefits or any long-term effects.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

MightyGiants

Quote from: LennG on October 13, 2023, 04:02:44 PMWhat type of testing was done on this?

Len,

You can check this out if you're interested

https://www.healthline.com/health/cbd-oil-for-pain#takeaway
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

squibber

I have been feeling pain just below my butt cheek for months. If I walk long enough, the pain will radiate all the way down to my knee. I saw my Ortho doctor and he did an X-ray. He said my right hip is almost bone on bone. I received a cortisone shot nine days ago but it is only helping a little. So maybe I will give these gummies a try.

Rich, Has your anxiety improved? Anxiety has been an issue for me for as long as I remember. I'm retired now and I can't sit in a restaurant with a beer and a nice meal and feel totally relaxed.

MightyGiants

Quote from: squibber on October 18, 2023, 08:29:36 AMI have been feeling pain just below my butt cheek for months. If I walk long enough, the pain will radiate all the way down to my knee. I saw my Ortho doctor and he did an X-ray. He said my right hip is almost bone on bone. I received a cortisone shot nine days ago but it is only helping a little. So maybe I will give these gummies a try.

Rich, Has your anxiety improved? Anxiety has been an issue for me for as long as I remember. I'm retired now and I can't sit in a restaurant with a beer and a nice meal and feel totally relaxed.

At 30 mg I am taking a relatively low dose.  I think there is some improvement in my overall stress and anxiety, but I would say it's no longer an issue.  I would just say it's a bit less of an issue.  I could up my dosage, but right now I can live with my current level of stress and anxiety.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE