News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Good to be home

Started by LennG, November 12, 2023, 10:24:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

As many here know I have been away for almost a month on 2 separate cruise. It had been an adventure not always as good as we would have liked. I have several people here I call friend so I just want to take a few minutes to relate my adventure.
The first cruise took us to Italy, Greece and Turkey. Being of the Jewish faith to say we were s bit apprehensive especially in Turkey but it all worked out well and we thoroughly enjoyed Istanbul and the other ports.
On the second leg it was a transatlantic cruise. Cut to the chase I developed a severe cough which turned into pneumonia. At one point I coughed so hard I burst some blood vessel internally. Lucky we encountered a wonderful doctor on board and he helped me tremendously. I was advised if we weren't in the middle of the Atlantic I would have been medicated off the ship or dropped off at the nearest port to get medical help.
As of now I am much better but if one would look at myright side torso it looks like I was hit by a truck. I will see our doctor tomorrow to assess the situation.
I feel fine and look forward to getting home and being able to watch a Giants game again, even if it might make me sicker.

I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

DaveBrown74

Lenn,

Welcome back. I'm very sorry to hear that you were unwell during the cruise, although I am glad to hear that you managed to find a caring and competent doctor on board who was able to be helpful. Best of luck with the issue moving forward. Sounds like it was a great time away apart from that.

Ed Vette

Good to hear you're ok. Most medical coverage doesn't cover outside the country. Maybe consider a referral to a pulmonologist, just to get the best evaluation.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Sem

Len, I'm sorry you wound up so sick, but glad you were at least able to enjoy the first half of your vacation. Take care of yourself, and I hope you are back to feeling 100% in short order.

Jolly Blue Giant

Glad you're back in the states  :flag: , Lenn. Get well soon!
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

ozzie

Welcome back, Lenn!
I wish you had a better time, but just concentrate on the first trip!
Would love to hear more about your time in Italy & Greece.
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

LennG

Thanks everyone for the well wishes. We got home at about 3 yesterday and I was able t o watch t he game which really made me sicker. I fee; fine, but ache a lot when I laugh or sneeze. I am waiting for my doctor to call me back when I can come in and see him.
Otherwise, all is well.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

T200

Welcome back, Len and hope you feel better soon!  :ok:
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Bill Brown

Welcome home Lenn. Please give my best to Doris.

Bill
""The Turk" comes for all of us.  We just don't know when he will knock."