News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Performance in the trenches

Started by umassgrad, December 26, 2023, 10:38:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T200

Quote from: Ed Vette on December 27, 2023, 10:53:21 AMI have a theory on that. Do you want to hear it?

Daboll took over for Joe Judge who was a disciplinarian with no personality but he did preach attention to detail. Daboll is a player's Coach who was a breath of fresh air taking over a team that was brow beaten. They performed better for Daboll. I don't know how far the difference is in detail coaching. All I know is that the Training Camp was light and the team wasn't prepared for the season. It looks to me that Daboll will need a Coaching Staff that can get the players to execute at a higher level.

I do believe that Daboll's job was in jeopardy and the emergence of Tommy turned the season around. The Owners don't care about draft position. They care about a culture of winning. This is why Daboll made the change to Tyrod Taylor at halftime. The game was about to get out of hand and he needed to do whatever it took to turn that around. The media and podcasters may not get that but the HC's number one job is to win games. Not ride a media circus or develop a backup QB in season.
You didn't wait for my answer!!  ~X(  =))

I think Daboll still has the team's ear. The same way he knows his job is to win games and he sat TD Tommy, he needs to sack Johnson and Kafka.

The only way that I can see Daboll losing his job this season was to lose the team. The DeVito story was nice but Daboll really had no other choice but to play him. It just happened to work out for a few games, kinda like Fitz-Magic.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

umassgrad

According to the ESPN article we are losing the battle in the trenches. From their research we have 1 player on either side of the ball that is above average and that is Dex. Thomas rates as an average tackle and no other player on the Giants lines scores very well. KT is only viewed as a standout by Giants fans that see the sack totals but miss the fact that he is a non factor when playing against good teams. Expect KT to pitch another shutout when we play the Eagles again. Shutout= no sacks, tackles, assists etc...