News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Barkley and plays at key moments in games

Started by MightyGiants, January 02, 2024, 09:25:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fletch

Quote from: AZGiantFan on January 02, 2024, 10:57:16 AMAnd he is Dave Kingman as a runner.  Some home runs, but far too many strikeouts.

But to give the man his due, he is an excellent pass blocker.  And thank goodness he is or we might be on out 6th QB for the season.

Dave Kingman? I had this baseball card but do not even remember watching him play. The analogy does not work as well.

Kingman faced different pitchers throughout his career. It is a little different when you are playing against 11 guys who know you are the only  real threat on the Giants offense.

spiderblue43

The Barkley Flop against Green Bay rivaled DJs in Philly. But Jones held on to the ball .credit due.

:yes:

uconnjack8

Quote from: BluesCruz on January 03, 2024, 03:05:29 PMSorry I cannot make excuses for the guy anymore
Enough, DONE, cut him free

I didn't think we were talking about whether or not he should return.  That's a different conversation.

I was just talking about what you said.  It's about context

https://giantsfans.net/message_board/index.php?topic=68532.0

Rosehill Jimmy

Quote from: Fletch on January 03, 2024, 03:28:33 PMHis rookie season he was playing with a hall of fame QB or just under that. Enough said.

He still had to catch the ball.  Your statement was he isn't and never was a good receiver.
"It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

FL GMAN

Don't worry theu will release him and he will be on the pro bowl/All pro list next year.

MightyGiants

Quote from: FL GMAN on January 04, 2024, 02:32:05 PMDon't worry theu will release him and he will be on the pro bowl/All pro list next year.

That could happen, but it wouldn't mean the Giants letting Barkley move on was a mistake.   Barkley is the sort of player a talented team adds to be that last piece to push them into being top contenders.  Barkley (at this point in his career) is not the sort of player you carry if you are a talent-deficient team struggling just to be good.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Fletch

Quote from: Rosehill Jimmy on January 04, 2024, 11:16:38 AMHe still had to catch the ball.  Your statement was he isn't and never was a good receiver.

Catching the ball is a lot easier when you have a gun slinger, big arm QB that will find one-on-one somewhere and make defenses pay compared with what we have now:  every defense in the NFL knows Barkley is getting a screen pass on 3rd down.