News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Bobby Skinner Goes Off on Wink on the latest Talkin' Giants

Started by shadowspinner0, January 09, 2024, 01:29:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T200

Quote from: Giant Obsession on January 09, 2024, 11:37:10 PMSo why did they not just suspend Wink for insubordination during the season and sue his butt for non performance of assigned duties.
As Bobby said, Daboll wanted to get through the season working together. The discord could be worked out when the season was over.

Daboll, and the rest of the coaching staff, had an obligation to the players and owners to go out there and do their best every week. He needed Martindale as a defensive coordinator, not sitting at home. When Daboll says it was two strong personalities at work, I believed him. And still do. Wink got all in his feelings.

Funny thing is if the roles were reversed and Martindale was the HC and Daboll was the OC, Wink would do what you suggested. Some people would agree with it. I wouldn't.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Ed Vette

Quote from: T200 on January 10, 2024, 12:17:36 AMAs Bobby said, Daboll wanted to get through the season working together. The discord could be worked out when the season was over.

Daboll, and the rest of the coaching staff, had an obligation to the players and owners to go out there and do their best every week. He needed Martindale as a defensive coordinator, not sitting at home. When Daboll says it was two strong personalities at work, I believed him. And still do. Wink got all in his feelings.

Funny thing is if the roles were reversed and Martindale was the HC and Daboll was the OC, Wink would do what you suggested. Some people would agree with it. I wouldn't.
It also became apparent that there was nobody in house who could take his place as an interim DC. Not Henderson, not Patterson or anyone named Wilkins. Three million to save the season by firing him for cause would have been well worth it. After back to back altercations ending badly, I doubt the Eagles would want him and btw, teams don't need Wink Martindale to figure out Daboll's Offense. They already get it.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

TDToomer

Quote from: Giant Obsession on January 09, 2024, 11:37:10 PMSo why did they not just suspend Wink for insubordination during the season and sue his butt for non performance of assigned duties.

The first part would have made things worse.
The second part is just silly. But we are the land of the free and frivolous lawsuits.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs