News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Which five NFL coaches are most on the hot seat this year?

Started by DaveBrown74, March 29, 2024, 05:28:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveBrown74

Which five NFL coaches would you say are on the hottest seats going into the 2024 season? You can only name five. You can put them in order of hottest to least hot, or you can just list them in no order.

I will give mine after several responses have already come in.

MightyGiants

Nick Sirianni
Brian Daboll
Mike McCarthy
Robert Saleh
Dennis Allen
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

EDjohnst1981

In no order:

Dennis Allan
Siriani
McCarthy
McDermot
Salah

londonblue

Saleh (ageing owner going all in with ageing QB)
McDermott (5-6 playoffs, 1 AFC title game; AFC Mr. Almost)
McCarthy (though he is JJ's xxxx deflector)
Stefanski (tons of resources, 1-2 playoffs in 4 years)
Shanahan (2 SB losses; 2 NFC title losses; NFC Mr. Almost)
If you live your life as a pessimist you never really live your life at all.

DaveBrown74

Robert Saleh
Brian Daboll
Matt Eberflaus
Dennis Allen
Sean Payton

I would include McCarthy but Jones in his old age seems to not like firing head coaches. He kept Garrett around forever despite his mediocrity. He may do the same with McCarthy.

bighitterdalama

Robert Saleh (Jets). The Jets' ownership and front office are likely (and correctly) running out of patience. This team should be better.

Nick Sirianni (Eagles). I simply can't believe he wasn't fired the morning after the embarrassing playoff loss to Tampa Bay. The Eagles just flat out quit during the second half of the season. Sirianni lost the team. Why is he still there?

Mike McCarthy (Cowboys). The Cowboys' three decades of disappointment extended through 2023. I expect it to continue in 2024.

Dave Canales (Panthers). Imbecilic owner David Tepper fired his head coach in-season the past two years. Who's not to say that three's a charm?

Matt Eberflus (Bears). For some reason, the Bears seem to have unrealistic expectations on the upcoming season. By my view, Eberflus looks to be in over his head. I don't expect him to last.