News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Sad state of affairs in Upstate NY

Started by Jolly Blue Giant, Today at 01:48:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jolly Blue Giant

I live in a very rural section of the state, yet I am within a half hour drive of Cornell University, Binghamton University, SUNY Cortland, Ithaca College, SUNY Broome, and Tompkins Cortland Community College

If I want to drive 45 minutes, I am at Syracuse University, LeMoyne University, and other community colleges and specialty colleges, and a couple of specialty colleges

In the last year though, two colleges within 45 mile of me have announced they are closing: Cazenovia College and now, Wells College. Three years ago, Davis College closed in Binghamton. This is disappointing to me as I've been blessed to be surrounded by high quality bastions of education, even though I live in the boonies where Amish in their wagons, snowmobiles, bald eagles overhead, coyotes howling at night, and grazing cows are more common than most rural areas, and far be it to find taxis, buses, or concrete buildings around here. Oh well...a lot of change is usually good. Closing quality schools is not one of them

Losing two very fine educational institutions in a span of one year sucks!  >:( 2
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh: