News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

UDFA tracker

Started by Jclayton92, April 27, 2024, 06:11:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jclayton92

9 spots to fill, who you got?

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: Jclayton92 on April 27, 2024, 06:11:45 PM9 spots to fill, who you got?

Most of the ones I had...went in the last pick of the 6th, and the others in the 7th. I've been away from the TV for a while so I don't know if Christian Mahogany is still available, but he's one I'd like

Potential if available at end of draft:

DE Myles Cole
RB Carson Steele
TE Brevyn Spann-Ford
RB Emani Bailey (had a great Senior Bowl)
OT Ethan Driskell
OT Andrew Coker

Really wanted Stiggers and thought he might slip through the cracks. Apparently more known than I thought
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

jgrangers2

Leonard Taylor
Julian Pearl
Fabian Lovett
Michael Pratt
Gabe Hall
Beau Brade

Some of the names still around that I'd love to take a shot on

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

By Lance Zierlein
NFL Analyst
Draft Projection
Priority free agent
Overview
Rock-steady full-time starter over the last three seasons. Kubas is smaller than NFL teams might like from a frame perspective and it would be beneficial if he learned to snap. He's technically sound, with inside hands and good lower-body bend. He's lightning quick up to the second level and as a pulling guard. Kubas could struggle to handle the step up in size and power across from him as both a run and pass blocker. His sudden feet and athleticism are both impressive in protection, but he's too easily conned out of his spot by moving pieces and appears to lack instincts in that regard. He could compete for a spot with a zone-heavy team.

Strengths
Quick feet to slide and mirror against quicker interior rushers.
Punches with inside hands and is a talented screen blocker.
Digs into first contact with leverage and lower-body drive.
Silky smooth with A+ athleticism on long pulls in space.
Races to second-level landmarks, beating linebackers to the spot.
Weaknesses
Lacks instincts to recognize potential games up front.
Overreacts to movement, leaving gaps exposed.
Edges leak when he doesn't slide enough to meet defender.
Might not have enough mass to take on NFL bullies inside.
Powerful two-gapper can get rid of his sustain attempts.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/jake-kubas/32004b55-4226-2743-f3e2-ae57dba09bba
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jclayton92

Alex Johnson, DB, UCLA
The 6-foot-1, 190-pounder had breakout season with five interceptions and a fumble recovered for a touchdown. Played slot and safety.

Casey Rogers, DT, Oregon
A surprise Combine snub, the 6-foot-5, 305-pound Rogers spent four years at Nebraska before joining the Ducks. He's got quickness inside and impressed at Oregon Pro Day.

They love Oregon Dlinemen it seems

Jolly Blue Giant

The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

Topshelf21

Quote from: Jclayton92 on April 27, 2024, 08:53:09 PMFormer UCF QB John Rhys Plumlee is signing with the #Giants as a UDFA, per source.

Multi sport athlete, played football and baseball. Arm needs some work but the kid can run his ass off. As a freshman put up 300 rushing yards on the LSU team that won the national championship with Burrow and chase.

https://youtu.be/Hr6YRcT4Csc?si=rx7VGZu2HQ2t2qbE

I know zero about this guy, but I do know that everyone in that video looks like they are going at half speed except for this guy...

Unsure if he'll make it, but there could be some interesting looks with him, Nabers, Wandale, Hyatt, and Singletary on the field at the same time regarding movement before the snap and during the play...

Jclayton92

Quote from: Topshelf21 on April 27, 2024, 09:05:05 PMI know zero about this guy, but I do know that everyone in that video looks like they are going at half speed except for this guy...

Unsure if he'll make it, but there could be some interesting looks with him, Nabers, Wandale, Hyatt, and Singletary on the field at the same time regarding movement before the snap and during the play...

Ole Miss played him at Qb his freshman year, then Wr his sophomore and Junior year before he transferred to UCF and played Qb I think his final year.

Kid has serious wheels. Think of all those Qbs that Belichick converted to Wrs or weapons. That's this guy 100%

bamagiantfan

Plumlee signed with Pittsburg.
I know you believe you understand what you think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant - Robert McCloskey (if he were on this Forum)

Jclayton92

Quote from: bamagiantfan on April 27, 2024, 09:48:02 PMPlumlee signed with Pittsburg.
Your right, I copied the post from one of the beat writers on Twitter and they deleted their post. Assuming he got more money maybe, not sure.

Jclayton92

NYGiants signed LSU Edge Ovie Oghoufo as an UDFA per
@art_stapleton

MightyGiants

WR Ayir Asante, Wyoming: A Franklin Township, NJ native, Asante scored six touchdowns on 21 receptions for the Cowboys this season after transferring from Holy Cross (Bobby Skinner)

DB Alex Johnson, UCLA: Johnson will reunite with his former teammate and sixth-round pick Darius Muasau after earning five interceptions in the last of five seasons in Westwood. (James H. Williams)

WR Jon Jiles, West Florida: Jiles put up 1,081 yards and 13 scores in a single season at Division II UWF. (Matt Lombardo)

OL Marcellus Johnson, Missouri: Johnson was a four-year starter at Eastern Michigan and primarily appeared on Columbia's special teams units. (Dan Duggan)

OG Jake Kubas, North Dakota State: Kubas was a part of two FCS national championship runs with the Bison. (Dom Izzo)

EDGE Ovie Oghoufo, LSU: Working through three schools in six years, Oghoufo spent last year in Baton Rouge with Malik Nabers, where he had 34 tackles (4 for a loss) and 2.5 sacks. (The Kneaux)

DL Casey Rogers, Oregon: Rogers earned 56 tackles at Oregon and also served as a personal protector on punts, where he notably rumbled to an 18-yard gain on a fake deep in Duck territory during the highly-publicized blowout win over Colorado. (Don Smalley)

https://www.si.com/nfl/giants/2024-undrafted-free-agent-tracker
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE