News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Why does things always go wrong in year 2 for a Giants head coach?

Started by shadowspinner0, October 03, 2023, 10:52:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kartanoman

Quote from: AYM on October 04, 2023, 06:44:50 AMThere's a larger theory that since the 1950s, the Giants and Lions have essentially been the same. The difference is the Giants got LT and Eli to save them and the Lions got Barry Sanders and Megatron to try to save them.

Now Hutchinson is saving the Lions and Barkley failed to save the Giants.

I disagree with you 100%.

The Giants are NOT cursed.

The Lions CONTINUE to fail under the legendary curse of Bobby Layne.

Checkmate!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

nicky1000

Daboll coached scared at the end and did not think through some decisions through a clear lens. Bad Year 2? No doubt. But you have to allow some continuity to develop and let him take his lumps. He may need a new OC but he has the potential to be a good coach.

Ed Vette

Quote from: nicky1000 on October 29, 2023, 09:05:33 PMDaboll coached scared at the end and did not think through some decisions through a clear lens. Bad Year 2? No doubt. But you have to allow some continuity to develop and let him take his lumps. He may need a new OC but he has the potential to be a good coach.
I agree.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

EDjohnst1981

Quote from: nicky1000 on October 29, 2023, 09:05:33 PMDaboll coached scared at the end and did not think through some decisions through a clear lens. Bad Year 2? No doubt. But you have to allow some continuity to develop and let him take his lumps. He may need a new OC but he has the potential to be a good coach.

Yup.

katkavage

AYM

Quote from: kartanoman on October 29, 2023, 07:58:49 PMI disagree with you 100%.

The Giants are NOT cursed.

The Lions CONTINUE to fail under the legendary curse of Bobby Layne.

Checkmate!

I don't believe in curses like that - I do believe both teams were good in the 50s and made a number of inept decisions afterward. The Giants just got LT and Eli to save them from themselves.

We might be talking about the curse of letting Landry and Lombardi go if LT and Eli had never come to the Giants.

andrew_nyGiants

Sorry but this is an easy one for me: The Maras.

They simply cannot resist getting in the way. None of them are Wellington, but they impose their will as if they understand the game half as well as he did.

They don't!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!