News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Jones declared out for Sunday's game against the Jets

Started by MightyGiants, October 27, 2023, 11:44:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

andrew_nyGiants

If we're getting beat at halftime I want to see Touchdown Tommy DeVito.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

MightyGiants

Connor Hughes
@Connor_J_Hughes
Brian Daboll previously said that #Giants QB Daniel Jones WOULD play again this season.

Daboll will NOT make that statement again.

When brought to his attention that he's being much less declarative, Daboll says "yup."

Wow.

https://x.com/JordanRaanan/status/1717932066325581904?s=20
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Gmo11

I'm not a big fan and I do think Taylor gives them a better chance to win but even if that wasn't the case I wouldn't want them to mess around with a neck injury.  I hope he's alright and can continue his career, but if he's not 100% they shouldn't throw him back out there. 

Ed Vette

Does anyone else think there is a neck and a head issue?
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

The Football Doc on Jones and Thomas

Addressing Daniel Jones, Andrew Thomas
Daniel Jones (neck): The Giants quarterback is about to miss his third game since injuring his neck against the Dolphins.

"This is a hyperextension," Dr. Chao said. "... I think it's just a matter of symptoms, range of motion and strength. I think it's just a soreness, stiffness issue and when he feels good. And I don't think it's anything long term."

The Giants have been without left tackle Andrew Thomas since he injured his hamstring in the opener against the Buffalo Bills. Last week he reportedly suffered a setback.

Andrew Thomas (hamstring): "I would say this week is questionable and the following week would be a good target [for his return]," Dr. Chao said.

Dr. David Chao served as the team doctor for the San Diego Chargers for over 17 years and has amassed a wide following on social media with his insights and analysis. Now in private practice, work is featured on @SICscore on social media. Every week Dr. Chao will contribute to OutKick his analysis and insights on the most important NFL injury issues interesting to bettors and fantasy football fans.

https://www.outkick.com/kyler-murray-could-return-slim-to-no-chance-brock-purdy-plays-justin-fields-could-be-a-while-and-more/
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Echunks

Does anyone know what the injury clause in DJ's contract looks like?  Wondering if there is less of a cap hit if there is an injury settlement.

DaveBrown74

One now has to entertain the possibility of whether we have seen the last of Daniel Jones as a Giant starter.

I think the odds are good that that's not the case, since (1) it's not confirmed yet that he's out for the season and (2) offloading him after this year will be absolutely impossible. But if they fall apart and draft a QB they love, it's not inconceivable that that QB could start in week one next year and never look back.

Ed Vette

They should add a QB to the Practice Squad at this point. Just to get him familiar with the Offense.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

Quote from: Ed Vette on October 27, 2023, 12:41:56 PMThey should add a QB to the Practice Squad at this point. Just to get him familiar with the Offense.

Which one do you like?

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

Ed Vette

~ Coach Tom Coughlin