News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Offseason Priorities Now

Started by Philosophers, October 29, 2023, 04:38:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Philosophers

Ok so Giants are near season halfway mark.  Have not been able to score or throw the ball so far this season.  Pass blocking has been abysmal.

The Defense looked mediocre initially but last few games has come on with play of Dex and Thibs.

What do you guys think the offseason priorities need to be at this point of the season?

Messiah717

Quote from: Philosophers on October 29, 2023, 04:38:00 PMOk so Giants are near season halfway mark.  Have not been able to score or throw the ball so far this season.  Pass blocking has been abysmal.

The Defense looked mediocre initially but last few games has come on with play of Dex and Thibs.

What do you guys think the offseason priorities need to be at this point of the season?

Dump this trash coach and GM sooner than later.  Bring in somebody to run all matters on the field such as hiring a GM and coach.

sooners56

Fix Oline, get a better QB and get some WRs that can get separation consistently
Ain't nothing to it but to do it!

madbadger

Quote from: Messiah717 on October 29, 2023, 04:39:47 PMDump this trash coach and GM sooner than later.  Bring in somebody to run all matters on the field such as hiring a GM and coach.

Schoen isn't trash and Daboll isn't going anywhere for another year or two. The priorities should be to sign a couple proven veteran offensive linemen, hire a competent offensive line coach and draft a real quarterback.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: madbadger on October 29, 2023, 04:42:01 PMSchoen isn't trash and Daboll isn't going anywhere for another year or two. The priorities should be to sign a couple proven veteran offensive linemen, hire a competent offensive line coach and draft a real quarterback.

This.

I get people are angry at Daboll/Schoen right now and that's perfectly fair, but forget about them going anywhere after this season. Zero chance of it.

Hopefully now that we're 2-6 and the reality that we're not going anywhere this year is very clear, we will be sellers on Mon/Tues before the deadline. Adoree, Barkley, Leo, McKinney and anyone else they have no long term plans for should be up for discussion. I know it has been reported that Barkley isn't going anywhere, but they should definitely try to move veterans they're not keeping long term.

Giants will very likely draft a new QB. Jones can't stay healthy and has not played well. It's time for a change.

Other position needs:

DT (assuming not bringing Williams back)
EDGE
O line (all positions except center)
RB

Jclayton92

We had an inured kicker and a 3rd string Qb against the best core of defensive backs in the league while raining. That would have been dumb to let an unproven 3rd string Qb sling it vs that D given the conditions in my opinion.

Last year we got really lucky in a few games but ended the season badly outside a Vikings win. We are in year 2 of a full rebuild.

The guy just got coach of they year with little talent and is playing with less talent now with injuries but somehow he's the fraud. Blame the training staff or the NY media that pumped up the greatest show on turf and that just because Jones got money that he'd transform into something he's never been because of what? An oft injured TE that we got for a 3rd rd pick?

We need a Qb, I don't care if it's Williams, or Mccarthy we need one.

We need an Oline Coach

We need to retool the dline group add 2 solid DEs and a pass rusher to compliment thibs

Let Barkley go and get some cheap young guys that run forward.

Add a piece to the wr core and let Slayton and hodgins hangout on the bench.

I'd let Waller go and focus on Bellinger

And try to retool ie get 2 new safeties

MagicRat

Smell my cheese you mother!

Messiah717

Waller was a dumb signing.  He cannot stay healthy and is not the same player he was because of it. 

Echunks

Quote from: Messiah717 on October 29, 2023, 04:39:47 PMDump this trash coach and GM sooner than later.  Bring in somebody to run all matters on the field such as hiring a GM and coach.

Like who?

Echunks

Quote from: Jclayton92 on October 29, 2023, 04:53:21 PMWe had an inured kicker and a 3rd string Qb against the best core of defensive backs in the league while raining. That would have been dumb to let an unproven 3rd string Qb sling it vs that D given the conditions in my opinion.

Last year we got really lucky in a few games but ended the season badly outside a Vikings win. We are in year 2 of a full rebuild.

The guy just got coach of they year with little talent and is playing with less talent now with injuries but somehow he's the fraud. Blame the training staff or the NY media that pumped up the greatest show on turf and that just because Jones got money that he'd transform into something he's never been because of what? An oft injured TE that we got for a 3rd rd pick?

We need a Qb, I don't care if it's Williams, or Mccarthy we need one.

We need an Oline Coach

We need to retool the dline group add 2 solid DEs and a pass rusher to compliment thibs

Let Barkley go and get some cheap young guys that run forward.

Add a piece to the wr core and let Slayton and hodgins hangout on the bench.

I'd let Waller go and focus on Bellinger

And try to retool ie get 2 new safeties

All of this seems very reasonable to me!  Do we have enough cap space to make it happen though?

madbadger

Quote from: Messiah717 on October 29, 2023, 05:00:00 PMWaller was a dumb signing.  He cannot stay healthy and is not the same player he was because of it. 

He wasn't signed. We traded a 3rd round pick for a guy that has been our best receiver this year.

Giant Obsession

Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

Messiah717

Quote from: madbadger on October 29, 2023, 05:34:55 PMHe wasn't signed. We traded a 3rd round pick for a guy that has been our best receiver this year.

My bad but saying he's our best receiver isn't saying much. 

Philosophers

Part of the value of a player is his ability to be in the field. 

madbadger

Quote from: Philosophers on October 29, 2023, 06:02:18 PMPart of the value of a player is his ability to be in the field. 

He's been on the field all year long until today.