News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Offseason Priorities Now

Started by Philosophers, October 29, 2023, 04:38:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dgoodmantrublu

Do anything you need to do to get a franchise QB. Shore up the OL in free agency. Do those two things and the team will be a lot better. QB means the most of any position in sports. Do whatever you have to do to find your guy.

Quote from: Philosophers on October 29, 2023, 04:38:00 PMOk so Giants are near season halfway mark.  Have not been able to score or throw the ball so far this season.  Pass blocking has been abysmal.

The Defense looked mediocre initially but last few games has come on with play of Dex and Thibs.

What do you guys think the offseason priorities need to be at this point of the season?

TDToomer

"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

AYM

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on October 29, 2023, 04:51:24 PMThis.

I get people are angry at Daboll/Schoen right now and that's perfectly fair, but forget about them going anywhere after this season. Zero chance of it.

Hopefully now that we're 2-6 and the reality that we're not going anywhere this year is very clear, we will be sellers on Mon/Tues before the deadline. Adoree, Barkley, Leo, McKinney and anyone else they have no long term plans for should be up for discussion. I know it has been reported that Barkley isn't going anywhere, but they should definitely try to move veterans they're not keeping long term.

Giants will very likely draft a new QB. Jones can't stay healthy and has not played well. It's time for a change.

Other position needs:

DT (assuming not bringing Williams back)
EDGE
O line (all positions except center)
RB

Except our GM has already promised Barkley he won't be traded. For some dumb reason.

TDToomer

Quote from: AYM on October 29, 2023, 06:28:44 PMExcept our GM has already promised Barkley he won't be traded. For some dumb reason.

So have the Titans to Henry. Clearly both teams love their franchise back more than their fans do.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

katkavage

Schoen needs to take charge now. He has to be given free reign to finally truly rebuild this team. That means doing what might be painful including getting rid of anyone he thinks is not part of the future. He has until Tuesday to start this rebuild.

Philosophers

Quote from: madbadger on October 29, 2023, 06:05:10 PMHe's been on the field all year long until today.

I was not talking about Waller but just in general.  I like the Waller pickup.

Philosophers

I'll tell you one thing I dont want which is to use a 1st round pick to draft Fan from PSU or Alt from ND and try to convert another OLT to play ORT.  I want an ORT who played his last college season at ORT if we move on from Neal.

katkavage

Quote from: Philosophers on October 29, 2023, 07:31:15 PMI'll tell you one thing I dont want which is to use a 1st round pick to draft Fan from PSU or Alt from ND and try to convert another OLT to play ORT.  I want an ORT who played his last college season at ORT if we move on from Neal.

The Giants have to find a QB. Imperative.

Messiah717

They need a QB, the offensive line stinks, the wide receivers stink and the defense will need additions as well.  I mean they just played a game where they passed for negative nine yards and they have only scored 95 total points in eight games.  It's a disaster. 

Philosophers

Quote from: katkavage on October 29, 2023, 07:33:33 PMThe Giants have to find a QB. Imperative.

Not suggesting we dont get a QB.  Juat saying no converts to RT.

madbadger

Quote from: AYM on October 29, 2023, 06:28:44 PMExcept our GM has already promised Barkley he won't be traded. For some dumb reason.

Because John Mara loves Barkley like a son.

EDjohnst1981

Find a coach to coach up the Oline. It'll be maddening to see more resources spent there.

Philosophers

1) New OL Coach

2) Two veteran FA starting Guards or 1 Guard and 1 RT.  Rising talent not decliners

3) 1st round QB

4) DT to replace Leo

5) Edge opposite Thibs

6) Mid-round RB

7) Tall X WR capable of being a 1

katkavage

Quote from: Philosophers on October 29, 2023, 09:28:04 PM1) New OL Coach

2) Two veteran FA starting Guards or 1 Guard and 1 RT.  Rising talent not decliners

3) 1st round QB

4) DT to replace Leo

5) Edge opposite Thibs

6) Mid-round RB

The off-season starts now if Schoen is smart. Get rid of players now if you can get something for them.

gregf

Quote from: Philosophers on October 29, 2023, 09:28:04 PM1) New OL Coach
Agree

Solving RT us 1st priority. If Neal progresses to average, great. If not, spend in FA. If Neal fails at RT,I'd try him out for 3 or 4 games at RG

3) 1st round QB
As of now,I'd sell out for a top 3 qb in draft

4) DT to replace Leo.  DJ and Riley might be enough depth

5) Edge opposite Thibs
Agree 100! 

6) Mid-round RB. 
Agree

I'm ok with Hyatt developing for now