News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Offseason Priorities Now

Started by Philosophers, October 29, 2023, 04:38:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spiderblue43

Giants have the 3rd pick as of now in the 2024 draft (Bears game not included).

I'd be very surprised if they weren't sellers to at least reduce cap space by Tuesday..plus add picks. We'll see. As far as the future..the staff needs a shakeup on the OL and STS before anything else.

Philosophers

Quote from: gregf on October 29, 2023, 10:39:44 PMI'm ok with Hyatt developing for now

I agree and assume he is starting as flanker or split end with the other playing as well.  If they passed on WR this year it would not be the end of the world for me.

Stringer Bell

Quote from: Philosophers on October 29, 2023, 09:28:04 PM1) New OL Coach

2) Two veteran FA starting Guards or 1 Guard and 1 RT.  Rising talent not decliners

3) 1st round QB

4) DT to replace Leo

5) Edge opposite Thibs

6) Mid-round RB

7) Tall X WR capable of being a 1

Would add new ST coach to #1.

If we're adding 2 OL starters in FA, one absolutely must be a RT. Neal is not athletic or smart enough to be an NFL tackle. Sooner they come to that realization, the sooner this team will get better. Would go OG in round 3 or 4 and let him, FA signing and Ez battle it out.

We're not getting Williams, so if you're looking for round 1 QB that would either be Maye or McCarthy. Not a fan of either. Would rather trade down from like #5 to #10-#12 and then pick from best edges left (Turner or Latu), Newton to replace Leo, or Coleman or Egbuka at WR.

If not Newton in a round 1 trade down, I'd prioritize an edge over Leo's replacement.

Wouldn't go higher than round 5 on RB. Team has too many other holes at more important positions.

If not WR in round 1, I'd snag Polk from Wash in round 2 or 3. Huge game this week takes him a bit out from Odunze's shadow, but at 6'2" has good size and emerging talent.

DaveBrown74

Right now per Tankathon we are picking 4th, and our best healthy QB on the roster is Tommy DeVito. Pretty high chance now we're going to be picking in the top 5. While Williams and Maye seem set to get first and second (in that order) if we're picking fourth, and the Bears don't want to move down that far, we could be in position to trade up to number two. And that's assuming the Bears definitely 100% want to move on from Fields, which I suspect they will, although that is not 100% definite.

At this point now, with a 2-6 record, the situation we're in, and a pretty tough schedule the rest of the way, we could easily finish the year something like 3-14. I think we have a pretty decent chance of getting one of these two top QBs if we're willing to move up a couple of spots, which we damn well better be if we think they're both franchise QBs.

cycler

Draft cornerback/safeties who can tackle and cover man to man.

B1GBLUE

same as always. Oline. Pass rusher. WR. at this point we need to draft a qb whether its a future starter or a solid backup. tyrod is old and fragile. apparently they have 0 trust in devito. unless gano gets it together we are gonna need a new kicker. probably another TE as waller seems like he's going to be a short term option. we arent giving bellinger any type of chance. and him being the only TE option yesterday when waller was VERY questionable... dont get me started.

RelaxTension

I hope the priority is to fix the oline.
Thinking QB in the 1st round and after that a pass rusher or DT in the 2nd.
Use FA to get the olinemen they need.
Enjoy the moment it's the only way to live..

madbadger

Quote from: cycler on October 30, 2023, 07:19:50 AMDraft cornerback/safeties who can tackle and cover man to man.

We have them. Winks mistake yesterday was to rely on Jackson when it counted. He isn't worth what they are paying him.

Symphony Steve

Quote from: Philosophers on October 29, 2023, 07:28:39 PMI was not talking about Waller but just in general.  I like the Waller pickup.

Waller was injured a lot the last two years.  He plays an exceedingly physical brand of football, which leads to him giving and receiving hellacious hits.

That's why this was just a matter of time.  Plus, unless Hyatt improves his football IQ, that will prove to be a negligible draft pick.

There was more hope than realism that went into the receiving corps.

Jolly Blue Giant

The elephant in the room: completely overhaul the O-line - new coach, new guards, legit RT, etc. Maybe Neal would excel inside, or maybe he becomes a swing tackle...(the OL coach though, is our biggest problem IMO)

We need a consistent ER across from Kayvon...one who stays healthy

Special teams needs a new coach - period!

Amazing things will happen once the offensive line is a force that can blow holes for a ground game, while also be a dancing concrete wall to give the QB plenty of time to utilize our offensive players. A good Special Teams also keeps the ball in favorable position, which seems to allude us

Like someone said earlier, we're in year two of a complete rebuild. We got out hopes up after last year's solid season, and then they gave us one of the most difficult schedules - and a bunch of games under the lights for prime viewership, where the Giants have always struggled. Yesterday's game was a joke in which we played with a third string QB in pouring rain, and many starters on IR. We have some very good pieces to the puzzle to build around. We don't want to throw away the baby with the bath water. We need to have patience...and I'm preaching to myself here

The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

sooners56

Sounds like the Giants will need a ton going into year three of the rebuild. Ouch
Ain't nothing to it but to do it!

Dgoodmantrublu

The defense is in pretty darn good shape. Of course things should be added. A competent QB that doesn't force the defense to stop the other team all day will do wonders. Find the QB. That is priority 1-10.