News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

How Does everyone feel about DeVito starting next week??

Started by Dumpster Dan, October 29, 2023, 08:09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob In PA

Quote from: uconnjack8 on October 30, 2023, 10:05:03 AMBob, 

My point is more that there is almost always a way to find more cap money in a given year.  Heck, they could have converted 5 million more of DJs money to bonuses and had plenty to sign Colt McCoy.  They chose not to do that for some reason. 

uconn: Good point but my unstated assumption is Schoen worked his ass off to get the Giants in a decent financial situation notwithstanding the Barkley and Jones situations as best he could and IMO he's not going to do anything at all that might constitute a "step backward" and interfere with his enjoying the fruits of his labors (having a decent amount of money to work with next year and beyond). Is my assumption unwarranted? Maybe. We'll see. Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Painter

If Danny was just a couple of inches taller...Oh! You mean "Tommy" DeVito. In any case, as experts in the blame game, I think it's all Eli's fault that the Giants have never worried about who has been their backup QB.

Cheers!

Bob In PA

Quote from: Painter on October 30, 2023, 10:16:15 AMIf Danny was just a couple of inches taller...Oh! You mean "Tommy" DeVito. In any case, as experts in the blame game, I think it's all Eli's fault that the Giants have never worried about who has been their backup QB.

Bravo, especially on the point mentioning Eli (but I enjoyed the joke too). Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!