News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Saquon Barkley? Do we really need to keep him next year?

Started by brownelvis54, October 30, 2023, 11:34:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brownelvis54

There was a debate here that Saquon Barkley made Jones a better QB and in particular made Jones a better runner. I was in the camp that said Jones' legs being a threat made Saquon Barkleys life easier. Yesterday without Jones or Taylor (who is not a bad runner by any means), we got to see the guy " touched by the hand of God" carry the team. To me Barkley seems like a good guy, but I don't think he as important moving forward. In fact, if we could trade him...we should. There was only one RB that could carry a team by himself and IMO that was Berry Sanders.

Do we really need Barkley now? Or in the future?
The KING is in the building

EDjohnst1981

I think almost every team needs a running like Barkley. He's by no means a bad player, he's not even close to that.

However, I think the question centres on whether the Giants ought to pay him what he wants/market rate.

For me, I'd rather use the money in a different direction and start building the team properly rather than on relying on expensive play makers (unless they are absolutely elite/near elite ie Dex and Thomas).

Quick Kick

The giants need to put their resources into the O line.  A solid O line makes mediocre QBs and runners good, and a poor O line makes good QBs and runners mediocre or even poor.

IMO the O line is the most important unit in football. A perfect example is Eli in 07 and 11.