News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

A QB Formula That Works in the NFL, Giants Must Follow Suit

Started by brownelvis54, January 19, 2024, 06:33:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brownelvis54

The KING is in the building

DaveBrown74

If the Bears take a QB first overall, which the odds seem to be that they will, then there is no trade-up to be had, unfortunately. I wish that weren't true, but it flat out is.

katkavage

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Jclayton92

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on January 19, 2024, 07:13:44 PMIf the Bears take a QB first overall, which the odds seem to be that they will, then there is no trade-up to be had, unfortunately. I wish that weren't true, but it flat out is.

Bears might hire Kingsbury as oc for Williams.

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

katkavage

Anything can go wrong. You can't draft scared. It's a risk business. Tiki forgets the Giants traded up to get Eli. I have no issue if Schoen feels strongly enough to do so to get his man. I really doubt very much that Jones will be football ready before October. Something has to be done.

brownelvis54

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on January 19, 2024, 07:13:44 PMIf the Bears take a QB first overall, which the odds seem to be that they will, then there is no trade-up to be had, unfortunately. I wish that weren't true, but it flat out is.

The Bears have a huge say on weather we get a QB or not. For sure Washington and Patriots are getting one, Chargers won't get a QB, and Arizona probably will stick with Murrey, hopefuly the Bears stick with fields and get a WR and O-line help, or a WR and a TE.

jimc

Quote from: katkavage on January 19, 2024, 08:34:05 PMAnything can go wrong. You can't draft scared. It's a risk business. Tiki forgets the Giants traded up to get Eli. I have no issue if Schoen feels strongly enough to do so to get his man. I really doubt very much that Jones will be football ready before October. Something has to be done.

Didn't the Chargers draft Eli first and then traded him to the Giants ?
- Accumulating knowledge is pointless unless it is used to help someone

DaveBrown74

Quote from: jimc on January 20, 2024, 06:07:26 AMDidn't the Chargers draft Eli first and then traded him to the Giants ?

Yes, that's right. There are pictures of Eli holding up a Chargers jersey at the draft. The trade occurred after that. It wasn't technically a trade-up (although in effect it was).

jimc

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on January 20, 2024, 06:54:33 AMYes, that's right. There are pictures of Eli holding up a Chargers jersey at the draft. The trade occurred after that. It wasn't technically a trade-up (although in effect it was).

Semantics, I guess
- Accumulating knowledge is pointless unless it is used to help someone

MightyGiants

I feel dumber from having listened to the idiot on the left.  At least Tike made some sense.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Gmo11

Quote from: brownelvis54 on January 19, 2024, 09:30:14 PMThe Bears have a huge say on weather we get a QB or not. For sure Washington and Patriots are getting one, Chargers won't get a QB, and Arizona probably will stick with Murrey, hopefuly the Bears stick with fields and get a WR and O-line help, or a WR and a TE.

Even if the bears decide to keep fields...and I don't think they will...they will trade that pick to somebody who will take Caleb. It could be the Pats or Commies in which case nothing changes for the Giants unless they decide to try and trade with the bears again at that point.  Or the bears could trade Caleb to a team like the falcons in which case it eliminates pretty much any chance of the Giants getting a QB in round 1. But there is no world in which anybody other than Caleb Williams goes #1 unless he gets hurt between now and then.

brownelvis54

Quote from: Gmo11 on January 20, 2024, 11:14:42 AMEven if the bears decide to keep fields...and I don't think they will...they will trade that pick to somebody who will take Caleb. It could be the Pats or Commies in which case nothing changes for the Giants unless they decide to try and trade with the bears again at that point.  Or the bears could trade Caleb to a team like the falcons in which case it eliminates pretty much any chance of the Giants getting a QB in round 1. But there is no world in which anybody other than Caleb Williams goes #1 unless he gets hurt between now and then.

There are several reports on Belichick going to the Falcons and Kirk Cousens playing there as well. Vikings seem to want Pinex in the draft. As of now its speculation, but many articles on it.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/could-kirk-cousins-bill-belichick-partner-up-with-the-falcons

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10105835-vikings-kirk-cousins-open-to-playing-for-bill-belichick-amid-hcs-links-to-falcons

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/could_kirk_cousins_be_the_falcons_answer_at_quarterback/s1_13132_39836187

https://www.sportstalkatl.com/falcons-kirk-cousins-would-relish-the-chance-to-play-with-bill-belichick/

Painter

Personally, I don't see the Giants taking a QB anywhere in this Draft. Schoen's focus, I believe, will be to go all out with Jones this year so as to decide unequivocally whether they should move on next year when the caponomics will be far less onerous. As for QB2, it could be DeVito, or some FA for which I would not exclude TT.

Clearly, I don't see the Giants looking to move up, but I can see them swapping back a couple or three slots if it gets them from the current 4 to 5 picks the first 2 days. Top priorities: WR/OL and/or OL/WR/DB/DT. Upgrading the talent on Offense has to be given priority whether to enhance DJ's chance of success this year or that of whomever succeeds him next year.

Cheers!