News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Superbowl Halftime Tease - not for us old guys

Started by Jolly Blue Giant, January 23, 2022, 11:03:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jolly Blue Giant

The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

Bob In PA

Jolly: I was going to "like" your original post, but thought you might mistakenly conclude that I am in favor of (or like) the upcoming half-time show/line-up.

Nothing could be further from the truth. LOL

I "like" your idea for the thread and completely agree that it's "not for us old guys."

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

T200

I love it!

As a fan of rap and hip-hop, it was and continues to be a big part of my music listening tastes. Hip-hop/rap, like early rock and roll, was supposed to be a passing fad. Hip-hop is worldwide and is a part of nearly every culture. Asia, South America, Europe all have hip-hop artists all over their musical charts.

While I get that it's not for everyone, everyone is familiar with it. And it's great to have it front and center on the biggest entertainment stage in the world. I'll go out on a short limb and say that it will be the most-watched halftime show ever.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: T200 on January 23, 2022, 11:50:20 AM
I love it!

As a fan of rap and hip-hop, it was and continues to be a big part of my music listening tastes. Hip-hop/rap, like early rock and roll, was supposed to be a passing fad. Hip-hop is worldwide and is a part of nearly every culture. Asia, South America, Europe all have hip-hop artists all over their musical charts.

While I get that it's not for everyone, everyone is familiar with it. And it's great to have it front and center on the biggest entertainment stage in the world. I'll go out on a short limb and say that it will be the most-watched halftime show ever.

No doubt. My daughter posted it on her FB page and is so excited to see it. She doesn't even like football and wouldn't watch the SB except now for the half time show. The sad part is, she has dozens (hundreds actually) of followers - also mostly girls and non-football fans - who "loved" it and are super excited and also can't wait.

As for me - creeping up on becoming a septuagenarian next year  :( :'( - I actually don't mind "some" rap/hip hop. Don't like the street rap that is all about killin, f.., etc., but some of it is okay. I actually like SAYGRACE and G-Easy redoing an old favorite of mine by Leslie Gore (may she rest in peace)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SeRU_ZPDkE

ozzie

I am not a fan of Super Bowl halftime shows in general. I find them to be way too long and most of the performers are lip synching, so what's the point?
I am not a fan of hip hop and will find something else to do during halftime.
Yes, I'm an old grump. NOW GET OFF MY LAWN!!
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

LennG

I will join Lou in that Hip Hop is just not my thing. That said, most of the modern music isn't my thing.

Personally, I think this was done to attract those 'younger' viewers that other shows lose. I guess we can't have a decent balance between youth and age.

I rarely watch the 1/2 time show unless it is some one I really want to see (LIke Sir Paul). Probably won't watch others either unless they gt Billy Joel to do a show.

Hey, now that is a good idea.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

bamagiantfan

The only thing that is more overproduced than the Superbowl is the Superbowl halftime show.
I know you believe you understand what you think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant - Robert McCloskey (if he were on this Forum)

MightyGiants

I am generally not a big music fan.   That said, I do watch and usually enjoy the halftime shows (some more than others).   So for me, this one isn't any different.  If they create a good show to go along with the music I will be happy.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

I think it's an impressive lineup and should be very good. As far as hip-hop goes, these are among the biggest and most known stars. I was surprised when they didn't do something like this when the Super Bowl was in Atlanta. Doing Maroon 5 for that show and not a hip-hop act was a mistake on their part in my opinion, and I have nothing against Maroon 5 and thought they did a good job. Better late than never though I guess. I'm looking forward to it.

spiderblue43

That halftime show is both my run to the bathroom and maybe to 7 Eleven. Whatever. Go Joe Burrow!

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: Bob In PA on January 23, 2022, 11:12:11 AM
Jolly: I was going to "like" your original post, but thought you might mistakenly conclude that I am in favor of (or like) the upcoming half-time show/line-up.

Nothing could be further from the truth. LOL

I "like" your idea for the thread and completely agree that it's "not for us old guys."

Bob
Come on Bob. You ain

T200

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: T200 on February 07, 2022, 09:46:29 AM
Correction Sluggsy: it's "Gin and Juice"

"Laid back, wit my mind on my money and my money on my mind."  8))
Look at you all gansta

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T200

Quote from: Slugs Narrows on February 07, 2022, 12:03:47 PM
Look at you all gansta

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm super excited for this! It's gonna be epic!!!

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: T200 on February 07, 2022, 12:06:01 PM
I'm super excited for this! It's gonna be epic!!!

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Did it meet your expectations?

My daughter (as well as my girlfriend) were so excited about this half time show. They said over and over that they literally couldn't wait and were wishing the football game would hurry up so they could get to the half time. Then "Blam"...there it was. Both said the same thing, "it started exciting and dropped off until it was a complete disappointment". My girlfriend has since played the teaser from the link above and says the teaser was much better than the actual show. Both thought the stage props were cheesy. As for me, I liked it okay but didn't think it was great. I think Lady Gaga set the bar so high for half time shows that all subsequent shows will be a let down.