News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Book Characters (let's see who reads)

Started by Jolly Blue Giant, April 07, 2022, 04:06:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jolly Blue Giant

These are main characters - name the author of the books

I'll start with easy peasy ones and then get a little tougher

Dirk Pitt

Jack Reacher

Stone Barrington

Jack Ryan

Jason Bourne

Alex Cross

Kay Scarpetta

Lincoln Rhyme

Hieronymus "Harry" Bosch

Aloysius Pendergast

Gabriel Allon

John Corey

General William "Billy" Starkey

Cormoran Strike

Amos Decker

Dave Robicheaux
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

jimv

Movies I can at least handle.  Books - no.

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: jimv on April 07, 2022, 06:50:51 PM
Movies I can at least handle.  Books - no.

Drats! Hoping to hear from readers.

BTW, books are way better than movies...LOL

LennG

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on April 07, 2022, 07:05:12 PM

Sorry Ric, I'm like Jim. Seriously, i haven't read a book in maybe 10 years. I really used to enjoy reading, now I'm a movie and TV guy.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

jimv

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on April 07, 2022, 07:05:12 PM

I do read some books but I'm not an avid reader.  Sorry.

ozzie

I enjoy reading, but to be honest, I don't read as much now as I used to and my tastes run mostly to the science fiction/fantasy genre.
My favorite author is Terry Brooks who has recently finished up his "Shannara" series. Other favorites of mine include R. A. Salvatore, H. P. Lovecraft & Robert E. Howard, famous for his Conan the Barbarian stories. I've read other stuff, but those mentioned are in my wheelhouse, so I don't think I could be much of a contributor or participant in your literary character exercise. I like the idea though.
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

Slugsy-Narrows

Sem

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on April 07, 2022, 04:06:37 PM
These are main characters - name the author of the books

I'll start with easy peasy ones and then get a little tougher

Dirk Pitt

Jack Reacher

Stone Barrington

Jack Ryan

Jason Bourne

Alex Cross

Kay Scarpetta

Lincoln Rhyme

Hieronymus "Harry" Bosch

Aloysius Pendergast

Gabriel Allon

John Corey

General William "Billy" Starkey

Cormoran Strike

Amos Decker

Dave Robicheaux

I'm surprised you didn't include Clinton "Skink" Tyree, one of the most colorful characters that I know you've read about.

Another is Seattle Police Detective by day, jazz club pianist by night - Lou Boldt.

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: Sem on April 08, 2022, 08:20:28 AM
I'm surprised you didn't include Clinton "Skink" Tyree, one of the most colorful characters that I know you've read about.

Another is Seattle Police Detective by day, jazz club pianist by night - Lou Boldt.

I was thinking of throwing in characters from Carl Hiaasen's books, but my list was getting overly long. Dittos with Ridley Pearson. I love both authors. Also, my favorite author (if there is such a thing) is David Baldacci who has written dozens of books and has repeating lead characters in differing series so I tried to stick with just one. Anyway, I was hoping someone would take a crack at these. Jack Ryan, Dirk Pitt are give aways even for the most casual reader who hasn't picked up a book in years.

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: ozzie on April 07, 2022, 11:34:40 PM
I enjoy reading, but to be honest, I don't read as much now as I used to and my tastes run mostly to the science fiction/fantasy genre.
My favorite author is Terry Brooks who has recently finished up his "Shannara" series. Other favorites of mine include R. A. Salvatore, H. P. Lovecraft & Robert E. Howard, famous for his Conan the Barbarian stories. I've read other stuff, but those mentioned are in my wheelhouse, so I don't think I could be much of a contributor or participant in your literary character exercise. I like the idea though.
Ozzie

I

Rosehill Jimmy

Well I recognize some of these since my wife is the fiction reader in the house. Without getting up and peeking at the bookshelf here
"It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: Rosehill Jimmy on May 23, 2022, 03:48:25 PM
Well I recognize some of these since my wife is the fiction reader in the house. Without getting up and peeking at the bookshelf here