News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Two things missing from this board - Yankee talk and Rich Strike

Started by Jolly Blue Giant, May 11, 2022, 11:27:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jolly Blue Giant

Number one: There is no Yankee thread nor even a hint that there is a Yankee fan among us. They are having a hell of a great start to the season, especially with their pitching and Nestor "Nasty" Cortese is becomming a cult hero....and man-o-freakin-man did anyone see that incredible walk off three run home run in the upper deck by Judge last night???? That sent chills up my spine. Where are you guys?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eITEbLbDfRg

Number two: nary a word about the most exciting horse race since Seabiscuit (I wasn't alive, but I've watched the movie) and one of the biggest upsets in the history of the Kentucky Derby. I have never seen anything in horse racing in which the horse with the greatest odds and a last minute throw in after a couple of horses were scratched, comes from behind to win the race. And it was small money vs. unlimited rich guy's in the race. Rich Strike cost the owner 30,000 and was going up against horses with millions invested.

Here were the odds:

1) Mo Donegal 8-1
2) Happy Jack 21-1
3) Epicenter 5-1
4) Summer Is Tomorrow 33-1
5) Smile Happy 14-1
6) Messier 6-1
7) Crown Pride (JPN) 18-1
8) Charge It 13-1
9) Tiz the Bomb 26-1
10) Zandon 7-1
11) Pioneer of Medina 49-1
12) Taiba 5-1
13) Simplification 42-1
14) Barber Road 47-1
15) White Abarrio 12-1
16) Cyberknife 12-1
17) Classic Causeway 80-1
18) Tawny Port 76-1
19) Zozos 44-1
20) Ethereal Road SCR
21) Rich Strike 99-1
22) Rattle N Roll SCR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8DcIxZrxH0

The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

LennG

THe only way I would talk Yankees is when they lose another playoff game and make me extremely happy.

I think I hate them more than I do Dallas.

(Remember, I was born and bred a Brooklyn Dodger fan, and ANY Brooklyn Dodger fan that said, well they left so they became a Yankee fan was NEVER a really true Dodger fan. It was ingrained in you to HATE the Yankees and I have never given up on that.)  :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

jimv

Quote from: LennG on May 16, 2022, 12:15:06 PM
THe only way I would talk Yankees is when they lose another playoff game and make me extremely happy.

(Remember, I was born and bred a Brooklyn Dodger fan, and ANY Brooklyn Dodger fan that said, well they left so they became a Yankee fan was NEVER a really true Dodger fan. It was ingrained in you to HATE the Yankees and I have never given up on that.)  :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

You hated the Giants even more!

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: LennG on May 16, 2022, 12:15:06 PM

Geesh...LOL

I had a girlfriend for a long time. We had one of those "Forrest and Jenny type relationships"....i.e., I became a retard and found out she was a slut, but I digress. Anyway, her father was the same way - die hard Brooklyn Dodger fan, hated the Yankees so she inherited his genes and was the exact same way. Thought Scioscia was a "real man" that she would like to take for a ride and thought the infield of Garvey, Lopes, Russell, and Cey were the greatest in history and Tommy Lasorda the greatest manager ever. She was avid...and annoying  >:( 2  She would only call the Yankees by her pet name, the "Yank me's". To make things worse, she was a die hard, over zealous Cowboy fan. But boy could she...never mind, I'll get banned  :scared:
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

LennG

Quote from: jimv on May 16, 2022, 12:22:36 PM

You hated the Giants even more!

???????????????????????

I disliked the Giants as they were our rivals, but I always respected them. Can't even come close to my hatred for the Yankees. As I said, only Dallas is in the same room with them.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

LennG

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on May 16, 2022, 12:54:24 PM
Geesh...LOL

I had a girlfriend for a long time. We had one of those "Forrest and Jenny type relationships"....i.e., I became a retard and found out she was a slut, but I digress. Anyway, her father was the same way - die hard Brooklyn Dodger fan, hated the Yankees so she inherited his genes and was the exact same way. Thought Scioscia was a "real man" that she would like to take for a ride and thought the infield of Garvey, Lopes, Russell, and Cey were the greatest in history and Tommy Lasorda the greatest manager ever. She was avid...and annoying  >:( 2  She would only call the Yankees by her pet name, the "Yank me's". To make things worse, she was a die hard, over zealous Cowboy fan. But boy could she...never mind, I'll get banned  :scared:

I tried to stay with the Dodgers as long as I could, but once the likes of Drysdale and Koufax were gone, so was I.

Charlie Weiss