News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

For you stargazers - 5 planets line up for a nightly show in June

Started by Jolly Blue Giant, June 08, 2022, 12:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jolly Blue Giant

Throughout most of June, Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn will stretch across the sky like a string of pearls appearing in the dawn hours before sunrise.

Sky & Telescope Magazine is calling it a
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

LennG

From here in NY, it would be impossible, but we are heading to Vermont on Sunday, for a week, around Killington, so maybe we could give it a shot. It would mean getting up at some ridiculous hour, and that might be the hardest part. THe image says June 23, how about next week?

Would you need a telescope to see this?
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Ed Vette

Might be a nice view at the Jersey Shore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: LennG on June 08, 2022, 02:25:52 PM
From here in NY, it would be impossible, but we are heading to Vermont on Sunday, for a week, around Killington, so maybe we could give it a shot. It would mean getting up at some ridiculous hour, and that might be the hardest part. THe image says June 23, how about next week?

Would you need a telescope to see this?

It's supposed to able to be seen all June, but peaks on the 23rd I guess. As long as you're not in a city and away from city lights (and it isn't cloudy) you should be able to pick them out fairly easily using the moon as a guide. I remember about 3 years ago when Mars, Venus, and the moon were next to each other. It was easy to pick out because Venus of course is the brightest and Mars was pinkish in color....and well, we all know about the moon LOL
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

EDjohnst1981