News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Need some help from NYC residents or frequent travelers

Started by Jolly Blue Giant, June 09, 2022, 01:22:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jolly Blue Giant

Okay, I get to NYC about once every 2 or 3 years, but it's always by plane or bus so I don't have to worry about parking a car. Anyway, my grandson has to go to Harlem tomorrow to drop something off and wants me to ride along. I've promised him for years that I'd get him a NYC hot pastrami on rye the way the sandwich is supposed to be made. So here's my problem. We would have a vehicle  ~X(

My goal - should I go with him - is to take him to Ben's Deli in Manhattan on 209 W. 38th Street. How can I go there and park my grandson's pickup truck somewhere??
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

Ed Vette

I would first Google an outdoor parking lot if none then an indoor lot but they will charge a premium for the size. You should be able to get a coupon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: Ed Vette on June 09, 2022, 02:03:04 PM
http://azparkingnyc.com/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Ed - looks ideal for where we are headed. Only about a 7 block walk

Ed Vette

~ Coach Tom Coughlin

LennG

Gosh, I wish I could meet you there. Ben's is our favorite Deli, only we go to the one on Long Island, (Carle Place). We are there at least once a month. I can't say they have the best pastrami in NY as I haven't gotten the chance to taste all the others, but, if not some of the best, they sure come close.
Seriously, next time you are entering our boundaries, please, give us a heads up and I know several of us would love to enjoy sharing a meal with you.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: LennG on June 09, 2022, 02:42:55 PM
Gosh, I wish I could meet you there. Ben's is our favorite Deli, only we go to the one on Long Island, (Carle Place). We are there at least once a month. I can't say they have the best pastrami in NY as I haven't gotten the chance to taste all the others, but, if not some of the best, they sure come close.
Seriously, next time you are entering our boundaries, please, give us a heads up and I know several of us would love to enjoy sharing a meal with you.
That would be great. However, this is a get in and get out trip. We'll get in around 10 AM (knock on wood) and we want to leave the city before 2:30, 3:00 so we don't get stuck in traffic on the way out, especially on the GW Bridge.

Ben's deli downtown has been my favorite, although I haven't tried them all of course. I've heard that Katz is really good, but I don't want to go to Brooklyn on this quick trip. Also, ror an extra buck at Ben's you can get the pastrami "lean" which I prefer and since my grandson has never tried a real NYC pastrami sandwich, I want to make sure he gets a good one that's lean. I've had a few that were fatty and not my preference. The closest thing my grandson has had to a pastrami sandwich is a Reuben at Arby's... =)) and he loves them! The only thing about Ben's that I wish they had, is they don't have Russian dressing although they've got some good dressings. I just love Russian dressing on mine.

Jolly Blue Giant

Thanks for the tips guys. My grandson called it off so I'm not going anyway  :(