News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Dumpster Diving

Started by Dumpster Dan, October 28, 2022, 11:27:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dumpster Dan

Just throwing out this name

OLB  Kamu Grugier-Hill

Former 6th round pick for the Patriots   a very up and down career   with many stops along the way

Did have 19 tackles in ONE game last year for the Texans

Dumpster Dan

MightyGiants

Quote from: Dumpster Dan on October 28, 2022, 11:27:19 AMJust throwing out this name

OLB  Kamu Grugier-Hill

Former 6th round pick for the Patriots   a very up and down career   with many stops along the way

Did have 19 tackles in ONE game last year for the Texans

Dumpster Dan

Dan,

While you're in the dumpster can you keep an eye out for a WR or 2-way TE? ;)
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Slugsy-Narrows

Boy I have missed these

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dumpster Dan

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 28, 2022, 11:32:00 AMDan,

While you're in the dumpster can you keep an eye out for a WR or 2-way TE? ;)

Not sure of the health of these guys  so I wonder why some of them are still available--its probably price

Will Fuller

T, Y Hilton

Al Wilson

Dede Westbrook

Beasley---Did he sign with someone??

I' not looking for TE's because I dont think the Giants are either--How does that suit you Rich?   

Dumpster Dan

BTW---I am sure that there are some quality WR on other teams PS--I havent checked any of them

And lastly   was CJ Board any good with us??   He didnt stick so I imagine he didnt get Dabs & Co too excited

MightyGiants

Quote from: Dumpster Dan on October 28, 2022, 01:23:47 PMNot sure of the health of these guys  so I wonder why some of them are still available--its probably price

Will Fuller

T, Y Hilton

Al Wilson

Dede Westbrook

Beasley---Did he sign with someone??

I' not looking for TE's because I dont think the Giants are either--How does that suit you Rich?   

Dumpster Dan

BTW---I am sure that there are some quality WR on other teams PS--I havent checked any of them

And lastly   was CJ Board any good with us??   He didnt stick so I imagine he didnt get Dabs & Co too excited

I think Beasly retired

As for TE, the big question is how long Bellinger will be out.  If it's most of the season, I would not agree with the Giants standing pat. If it's only a few weeks I would be more understanding.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Dumpster Dan

I'm not sure they know how long Bellinger will be out.  He will be missed  no question  but I just think the Giants will roll with what they have rather than bringing someone in who will have to be brought up to speed with the system etc etc

Dont forget the kid , Andre Miller, was with them the entire camp and showed a lot before the numbers caught up with him

I'm going with Dabs mantra---next man up

Its worked so far

Dumpster Dan

Jclayton92

Dontario Drummond on the Cowboys PS Please and thank you.

Or even Braylon Sanders off the Dolphins PS.

If either weere on a different team they'd be starting.

Dumpster Dan

I have Braylon Sanders on my list

Checking into Drummond

Dumpster Dan

Rosehill Jimmy

The question I have is why did both go undrafted?  Where's Jay when we need him?

Based on RAS score alone, Sanders would appear to be the better athlete
"It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

Jclayton92

Quote from: Rosehill Jimmy on October 29, 2022, 02:31:22 AMThe question I have is why did both go undrafted?  Where's Jay when we need him?

Based on RAS score alone, Sanders would appear to be the better athlete
They entered the draft in the year that everyone had the exception for the covid year so there was so many players like almost double the traditional prospects. So typically where they would have been taken in the 4th or 5th just got stretched because so many prospects came out.

nb587

Quote from: Jclayton92 on October 29, 2022, 10:27:44 AMThey entered the draft in the year that everyone had the exception for the covid year so there was so many players like almost double the traditional prospects. So typically where they would have been taken in the 4th or 5th just got stretched because so many prospects came out.
One of the reasons we had a great draft and picked up nice UFDAs.  Wonder what that says for having lots of picks this year.

Jclayton92

Quote from: nb587 on October 29, 2022, 10:33:05 AMOne of the reasons we had a great draft and picked up nice UFDAs.  Wonder what that says for having lots of picks this year.

I just hope we keep adding more, hopefully someone can take Peart off our hands, Gates, or even Lemeuix. I'm all for getting more ammo.

Rosehill Jimmy

Quote from: nb587 on October 29, 2022, 10:33:05 AMOne of the reasons we had a great draft and picked up nice UFDAs.  Wonder what that says for having lots of picks this year.

The easiest way to understand the Covid exception vis-à-vis eligibility is:if the player was on campus in 2019 he is entitled to an extra year. The net effect should be a class similar in size to 2022.  And since this year's academic seniors is the last class with the virus exception, the '24 draft could be as well. JMO
"It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"