News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

This team really misses Bellinger

Started by MightyGiants, October 30, 2022, 07:06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kingm56

Quote from: Ed Vette on October 30, 2022, 07:51:17 PMHudson had a good day in the passing game. Thrown him the ball and he has a lotta more 19 yards per reception.

The Giants looked bad and perhaps the travel had some effect but the Offense and Special Teams killed them. Also while the Defense played an overall good game the Metcalf TD was a busted play.

The loss of Bellinger was not the key reason for the loss.

It hurt, but was hardly the reason the Giants loss today; they left plays on the field.  The pass protection was also pretty dang good.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Ed Vette on October 30, 2022, 07:51:17 PMHudson had a good day in the passing game. Thrown him the ball and he has a lotta more 19 yards per reception.

The Giants looked bad and perhaps the travel had some effect but the Offense and Special Teams killed them. Also while the Defense played an overall good game the Metcalf TD was a busted play.

The loss of Bellinger was not the key reason for the loss.

Huda is no Bellinger, either as a receiver and especially as a blocker
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

Safe to say DJ had his worst game of the season and the Receivers must have too. Why didn't Robinson get more than the targets he had?
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

Quote from: Ed Vette on October 30, 2022, 07:57:11 PMSafe to say DJ had his worst game of the season and the Receivers must have too. Why didn't Robinson get more than the targets he had?

Ed,

There is a saying that a quality TE is a quarterback's best friend.  Part of DJ's improvement was the addition of Bellinger, a quality two-way TE.   The two-way is important as well, as it allows an offense to have an edge when the defense tries to match personnel since Bellinger allows them always to be wrong.  By that, I mean if the D goes heavy, Bellinger goes out as a receiver, and they go light, Bellinger becomes a blocker.

It wasn't just that Bellinger is a very good TE (as his PFF grades attest), there is also a huge drop-off after him and none of the TEs are two-way or even that good at run blocking.

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Trench

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 30, 2022, 07:25:45 PMMatt,

I am not surprised you are putting all the blame on DJ.  This wasn't a game that was on par with his other outstanding efforts.  Still, if I don't think it's a bit of tunnel vision not to see the role injuries and lack of receiving weapons played. 
I think when you see an offensive player of the week take a downturn, it's wise to look only at the player

The only tunnel vision today was #8 who locked on almost every single receiver. The loss is on him. If he makes the throws we win the game

Trench

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 30, 2022, 08:00:50 PMEd,

There is a saying that a quality TE is a quarterback's best friend.  Part of DJ's improvement was the addition of Bellinger, a quality two-way TE.   The two-way is important as well, as it allows an offense to have an edge when the defense tries to match personnel since Bellinger allows them always to be wrong.  By that, I mean if the D goes heavy, Bellinger goes out as a receiver, and they go light, Bellinger becomes a blocker.

It wasn't just that Bellinger is a very good TE (as his PFF grades attest), there is also a huge drop-off after him and none of the TEs are two-way or even that good at run blocking.

Huge drop off at TE????....did the backup TE not catch every single pass thrown his way today?...I've said it before and I'll say it again - the middle of the field is wide open and when Jones chooses to attack, we have seen success in the 90%.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Trench on October 30, 2022, 08:01:22 PMThe only tunnel vision today was #8 who locked on almost every single receiver. The loss is on him. If he makes the throws we win the game

Trench,

Is it really necessary for you to criticize last week's offensive player of the week on every thread, even ones that are not about him?
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

Jones was brutal today... simply brutal. I don't see any spin for that.

Obviously, he is not the only one to blame in this game. Richie James' two fumbles were a big part of it, and our run game was not as good as it should have been against this team.

However we're not talking about potentially paying Richie James $30m-$45m next year and beyond, nor are we about our run blockers or even Barkley.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Trench on October 30, 2022, 08:03:47 PMHuge drop off at TE????....did the backup TE not catch every single pass thrown his way today?...I've said it before and I'll say it again - the middle of the field is wide open and when Jones chooses to attack, we have seen success in the 90%.

another shot at Jones.  How many post on a thread about Bellinger and the critical role he plays in this offense will be interrupted by your Jones criticism posts?
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Trench

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 30, 2022, 08:06:47 PManother shot at Jones.  How many post on a thread about Bellinger and the critical role he plays in this offense will be interrupted by your Jones criticism posts?

Really Mighty?

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Trench

So now we aren't allowed to criticize Jones?....the man just said in the press conference he himself has to do a better job. Please

Rambo89

Quote from: Ed Vette on October 30, 2022, 08:08:50 PMThis is a ridiculous thread.

Yep for what Bellinger brings as a receiver I don't think it made that much of a difference.  He may have helped with the run blocking though.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

Trench

I put Bellinger on a pedestal in preseason and was mocked for putting too much pizazz onto a rookie.

He has been excellent. His replacement today did everything Bellinger would have done (3-4 catches, a first down or two). But there is no escaping the fact the QB had a bad game. And that's ok

Ed Vette

Quote from: Rambo89 on October 30, 2022, 08:11:19 PMYep for what Bellinger brings as a receiver I don't think it made that much of a difference.  He may have helped with the run blocking though.
The Offensive Line was putrid in Run Blocking today.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin