News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Why All the Weeping & Moaning?

Started by jimv, October 30, 2022, 08:23:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimv

We were supposed to be a minor team just trying to patch things up this season.  Practically nobody expected us to win as much as six games.  And here we are at 6 - 2! =D>  =D>  =D>   IMHO I think we all should celebrate that during the Bye week.

DaveBrown74

We are in great shape. I said in the predictions thread that on a relative basis this wasn't a very important game. I'm still going to analyze this single game objectively, but if I'm looking at our first 8 games as a whole, obviously I'm thrilled with where we are right now and even more importantly where I believe this franchise is headed under its new leadership.

Trench

I'd say it's not because we lost but it's the way we lost and the regression we witnessed is the issue

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: Trench on October 30, 2022, 08:31:02 PMI'd say it's not because we lost but it's the way we lost and the regression we witnessed is the issue
Trench

ST let us down!

Take those 2 fumble out and we are in this game to the wire even though out O wasn't good this week!

With that said

We are playing meaningful games in November and should be 8-2 very soon!  Who would have thunk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trench

Agreed.

I was speaking specifically to the offense and Jones locking on receivers (which until today he hasn't been doing as much)....but yes chalk it up to a bad game and hope he makes the adjustments.

IF HE DOES then it will really be a good sign. Again he went into hostile territory today. It got the best of him. Hopefully he learns and is better for it later in the season. BUT we do need to see one of these kind of games won with his arm is all.

MagicRat

Quote from: jimv on October 30, 2022, 08:23:30 PMWe were supposed to be a minor team just trying to patch things up this season.  Practically nobody expected us to win as much as six games.  And here we are at 6 - 2! =D>  =D>  =D>   IMHO I think we all should celebrate that during the Bye week.
This. I have a day off tomorrow and I'm on my second bottle of red watching GB at NY.

I'm delighted with where we're at, gutted at today's results performance, but big picture guys.
We have, finally, a front office and coaching staff that will, I believe, see us January relevant no later than 2024.

We have practice squad standard players starting, and our coaches are getting every ounce from them.

We're in good shape..,.....better than many.
Smell my cheese you mother!

Jclayton92

I'm over the moon! Evaluating talent for the future while being competitive and in it is really all I wanted going into the season and that's happening.

H-Town G-Fan

Quote from: jimv on October 30, 2022, 08:23:30 PMWe were supposed to be a minor team just trying to patch things up this season.  Practically nobody expected us to win as much as six games.  And here we are at 6 - 2! =D>  =D>  =D>  IMHO I think we all should celebrate that during the Bye week.

I think as people get away from the immediate dissatisfaction with how today played out for the Giants, you'll see more positivity. Overall, the Giants obviously have to be very happy with how the season has gone. But the most recent 1 game bite - how we digest a 17 game meal - leaves a very unflattering taste in one's mouth.

kartanoman

I simply cannot understand why any Giant fan, after witnessing the worst humiliation (i.e. season 2021) since "The Fumble" in 1978, or perhaps even the hopeless 1966 season, could be even remotely disappointed with the 6-2 Giants of 2022. Someone, anyone, please explain it to me as I simply cannot get to there from here.

Inquiring minds want to know!

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

DaveBrown74

Quote from: kartanoman on October 30, 2022, 09:36:04 PMI simply cannot understand why any Giant fan, after witnessing the worst humiliation (i.e. season 2021) since "The Fumble" in 1978, or perhaps even the hopeless 1966 season, could be even remotely disappointed with the 6-2 Giants of 2022. Someone, anyone, please explain it to me as I simply cannot get to there from here.

Inquiring minds want to know!

Peace!

I have not seen one single person say they're disappointed with the way this season has gone. Not one. Maybe I missed it though. Can you identify who is disappointed with this 6-2 start?

Trench

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on October 30, 2022, 09:38:17 PMI have not seen one single person say they're disappointed with the way this season has gone. Not one. Maybe I missed it though. Can you identify who is disappointed with this 6-2 start?

I don't think anyone is disappointed...instead I think people take on the pulse of the team - what were my mistakes, how can I improve, what's next?

kartanoman

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on October 30, 2022, 09:38:17 PMI have not seen one single person say they're disappointed with the way this season has gone. Not one. Maybe I missed it though. Can you identify who is disappointed with this 6-2 start?

Thanks DB74 and Trench - that's fair. I probably have been reading too much of the raw emotion following a disappointing loss today, the purported need to examine trade scenarios and the general finger pointing following a loss. All of it is understandable but, to a man, I'd be willing to withdraw my comment as nobody in their right mind could possibly be disappointed with the season at the halfway mark. All concerns, though, are duly noted and worth merit in discussing further, which we all are.

Again, thank you for pointing at me to re-examine my earlier comments. To be sure, there's no weeping going on here in Arizona except for those Cardinals ... definitely valid for those who have backed Kyler Murray since his payday.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

AYM

I'm disappointed with this game, but honestly, a three week road trip including games in London and Seattle, and mounting injuries, and a WR unit that's worse than last year's, made the margin of error way too thin to win today. Happy the Giants are somehow 6-2, we'd have been shocked at 4-4 for this team.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: kartanoman on October 30, 2022, 09:53:42 PMThanks DB74 and Trench - that's fair. I probably have been reading too much of the raw emotion following a disappointing loss today, the purported need to examine trade scenarios and the general finger pointing following a loss. All of it is understandable but, to a man, I'd be willing to withdraw my comment as nobody in their right mind could possibly be disappointed with the season at the halfway mark. All concerns, though, are duly noted and worth merit in discussing further, which we all are.

Again, thank you for pointing at me to re-examine my earlier comments. To be sure, there's no weeping going on here in Arizona except for those Cardinals ... definitely valid for those who have backed Kyler Murray since his payday.

Peace!

Kart,

All good!

There has been plenty of negativity on the board today, no doubt, but I think that is specifically around today. I don't think anyone is lamenting the fact that we're 6-2. I haven't seen that myself, and if there is such a person out there, he or she might want to consider getting their head examined!

The Giants have a bye now and then two easy home games coming back. They need to be gunning for 8-2. At that point, the playoffs will be literally just a win or two away.

Rambo89

I expected a loss and still thrilled with 6-2.  Giants are on the right track long term no matter how the remaining 9 games go.  Enjoy the ride because this season is just the beginning.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18