News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Ben McAdoo on Daniel Jones

Started by Rambo89, October 03, 2023, 04:44:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Rambo89 on October 03, 2023, 06:01:39 PMYep, he may end up proving those of us who believe Jones is just average wrong.  Jones may end up worse than that.

Agreed. I'm not going to deviate from my view that he's middle of the road based on just these last four games, 1/2 of one of which he was very good in, but at the current price tag the expectations go up substantially, and I'm very concerned about what I have been seeing so far this year. I hope it all gets figured out and he can at least get back to being average.

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Rambo89

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 03, 2023, 05:49:47 PMWho is now out of work

Every single Head Coach and Offensive Coordinator Daniel Jones has had
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Rambo89 on October 03, 2023, 07:36:46 PMEvery single Head Coach and Offensive Coordinator Daniel Jones has had

Wait doesn't Shurmur carry Coach Prime's bags now?

MightyGiants

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 03, 2023, 07:33:20 PMhttps://x.com/bobbyskinner_/status/1709346449043886402?s=46&t=1vcQIN8GqF5J2oLdxEVEJQ

This post got me doing a little digging.  Here is What I found.

This story is based only on a Tweet from some guy "Giants Realist" on Twitter who only has 832 followers.

I could find no indication that Ben McAdoo was even on ESPN radio between when the Giants played and now
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jclayton92

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 03, 2023, 05:49:47 PMWho is now out of work
For personal reasons, he'd have a job in the NFL if not for those personal reasons.

Messiah717

Yes, Jones is often under pressure but the examples like the play above happen often as well.  Jones vacates the pocket for no reason and because he's on the run is missing open receivers all over the field. 

TDToomer

"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

Rambo89

"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

JT39

Quote from: Rambo89 on October 03, 2023, 09:11:08 PMhttps://twitter.com/danorlovsky7/status/1709323680130494468?s=46

Those who gave Jones a pass for the fumble should watch this video.

I don't fault Jones for the initial pressure - it was bad play design. The fumble he probably should have thrown away before the sack.

But again it's two prong problem - jones gets hit immediately and then he makes a mistake after he actually did a good job avoiding the first sack.

Trench

Quote from: JT39 on October 03, 2023, 09:19:15 PMI don't fault Jones for the initial pressure - it was bad play design. The fumble he probably should have thrown away before the sack.

But again it's two prong problem - jones gets hit immediately and then he makes a mistake after he actually did a good job avoiding the first sack.

He hasn't improved. Simple as that