News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

The Elephant in the Room- What to do if TommyD runs the Table- (guests can vote)

Started by BluesCruz, December 03, 2023, 10:34:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What should Giants do if TommyD runs the table?

You may only select up to 2 options.

Ed Vette

Quote from: Bob In PA on December 05, 2023, 01:05:21 PMIf DeVito "runs the table" he should be enshrined in the Pro Football Hall Of Fame immediately.

It would be the greatest achievement ever by any player in any league in any TEAM sport.

Not to mention... one of the most unlikely/impossible long-shots in the history of sports betting.

Bob
Couldn't happen to a nicer kid. I'm making Chicken Cutlets Monday Night in his honor. ;)
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

katkavage

Quote from: TDToomer on December 05, 2023, 08:59:05 AMCareful there. Posts like this get censored and deleted by the mods like mine did.
You mean this wasn't humor? It wasn't satire? It was a serious post? Surely the moderator's here can see that the thread was made in jest. It just had to be.

T200

Quote from: Ed Vette on December 05, 2023, 01:16:00 PMCouldn't happen to a nicer kid. I'm making Chicken Cutlets Monday Night in his honor. ;)
Don't forget to add the cheese!
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Philosophers

If he runs the table and looks Brock Purdy good doing it against that gauntlet of teams, anoint him the 2024 starter and use the 2024 Draft to build around him.

Jclayton92

Quote from: katkavage on December 05, 2023, 01:35:20 PMYou mean this wasn't humor? It wasn't satire? It was a serious post? Surely the moderator's here can see that the thread was made in jest. It just had to be.
The Op creator definitely took the thread seriously even if the majority did not lol.

Ed Vette

Quote from: Jclayton92 on December 05, 2023, 05:34:32 PMThe Op creator definitely took the thread seriously even if the majority did not lol.
He got at least 33 fans to vote. It ain't just him.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

coggs

Ed Vette

~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

~ Coach Tom Coughlin

EDjohnst1981

For his 4th career start, and in prime time, where people can disappear, he did everything expected for him.

I'd be interested to see just what he can do with a proper off season under his belt.

T200

The game and the moment wasn't too big for him. He had the jitters early on but settled down and played a helluva game. Props to him and Robinson. They were clicking tonight.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

kartanoman

It was wonderful to see the team get up and motivated to support their quarterback like they did tonight. The final drive was a memorable one I'll remember for a long time.

It's a joy to watch the Giants again!

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

Jclayton92

Great story and a lot of fun but still not enough. I will gladly enjoy it the rest of the season but until we have an elite Qb we won't be going anywhere. Yes 9-8, 8-9 consistently is fun especially after barely winning 4 for the last half decade but we want to win super bowls and you don't win super bowls without elite qb play.

So yes 100% on board for the winning, the story etc the rest of the season but the reality is we need a cosmic shift at the Qb position that no one currently on it can provide unless something drastically changes.

coggs

Quote from: EDjohnst1981 on December 11, 2023, 11:29:13 PMFor his 4th career start, and in prime time, where people can disappear, he did everything expected for him.

I'd be interested to see just what he can do with a proper off season under his belt.

~160 yards passing is "everything expected for him."?  I mean, I know the standard around here has dropped, but let's be serious.

killarich

Quote from: coggs on December 11, 2023, 11:49:39 PM~160 yards passing is "everything expected for him."?  I mean, I know the standard around here has dropped, but let's be serious.

And 70 rushing yards

The game wasn't elite or great ... but he had a good game