News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Burns Rumor

Started by Rosehill Jimmy, March 11, 2024, 05:19:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rosehill Jimmy

https://x.com/connor_j_hughes/status/1767293045504983246?s=61&t=meiiQwOnGSoMsm66TJh5kQ

I don't know if this is remote, far fetched or click bait, but if the price is right "come on down".  I loved him coming out of FSU and was quietly hoping he would be there for NYG in '19 draft.  Panthers took him at #16, one spot before Dexter
"It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

DaveBrown74

I'd be good with this. Productive player who is still pretty young and, very importantly, who has exhibited excellent durability to this point.

Guys like this aren't going to come cheap, but this is part of why we're letting non-premium position players like Barkley and McKinney walk.

EliWasrobbed

Would love this pick!! Redeem yourself Joe

Wink would have loved him too :(
I don't preview my posts. I AM THE POST.

"Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. "

Saquon defender. Jones hater. Giant forever.

"live strong and prosper or devolve"

Drake Maye enthusiast.

EliWasrobbed

https://x.com/sheena_marie3/status/1767298213126754776?s=46&t=189NN-KdTdgB2SgHszC6_A

Wow!! A great move and confirms our defense is playoff caliber.

Now draft a QB and we are back in business

"Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. "

Drake Maye enthusiast.

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

Quote from: EliWasrobbed on March 11, 2024, 05:22:11 PMWould love this pick!! Redeem yourself Joe

Wink would have loved him too :(

It's going to have to be a trade. He's under contract.

EDjohnst1981

Gotta be one of the second round picks in play here.

uconnjack8

I like Burns but pass rushers aren't much use when your offense cannot score (and you can't stop the run).   

EliWasrobbed

Quote from: uconnjack8 on March 11, 2024, 05:31:44 PMI like Burns but pass rushers aren't much use when your offense cannot score (and you can't stop the run).   

we will get Drake Maye and be fine

Drake Maye enthusiast.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: EDjohnst1981 on March 11, 2024, 05:31:20 PMGotta be one of the second round picks in play here.

Yep. I hope not, but you're probably right. If that's the case I can live with it, although I'd prefer it were a 3 and maybe something from next year. Those 2nd rounders (in this draft in particular) are very valuable picks.

With that said Burns is only 26, so we're talking about a guy who can be a very good player for us for 5-plus years. I think I'd part with a 2 for that. Hopefully it's 47 and not 39.

uconnjack8

If they trade for Burns and give up a 2nd, is it safe to say they are not trading up for a QB?

uconnjack8

Quote from: EDjohnst1981 on March 11, 2024, 05:31:20 PMGotta be one of the second round picks in play here.

Which says to me they are not trading up for a QB.  Not that any of those teams would trade down regardless.

Rosehill Jimmy

Why start a second thread on this topic? 
"It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

Gmo11

Quote from: uconnjack8 on March 11, 2024, 05:48:49 PMIf they trade for Burns and give up a 2nd, is it safe to say they are not trading up for a QB?

If the cost is a 2nd round pick then no they will not be able to trade up for a QB without including multiple future first round picks. But if the cost is a 2nd rounder that's not a bad deal cause this guy is really good.