News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants get Drew Lock for backup QB

Started by Jolly Blue Giant, March 12, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jolly Blue Giant

The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

Tommy Cutlets should beat him out.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

gregf

Interesting. Still young and has some experience. Was he a 2nd round pick?  Not a bad pick up. 

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: gregf on March 12, 2024, 02:13:22 PMInteresting. Still young and has some experience. Was he a 2nd round pick?  Not a bad pick up.

He led the Seahawks to win over the Eagles last year putting together a 92 yard drive in the last 1:52 on the clock with a 29 yd TD throw to Smith-Njigba

Hopefully, he's a late bloomer like Geno Smith

Gmo11

He's better than Devito for sure.  Possibly better than Jones if we're being honest just not as a mobile.  But post ACL exploding who knows how mobile Jones still is.

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Rosehill Jimmy

Quote from: gregf on March 12, 2024, 02:13:22 PMInteresting. Still young and has some experience. Was he a 2nd round pick?  Not a bad pick up.
Yes, out of Mizzou and I think the same year as Jones.  Remember watching him in college and thinking he was ok.  His career so far is evidence I don't know squat!
"It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

londonblue

Lock is a very different QB to Jones. He is a pocket guy, with a big arm and will sling it deep given time but he has very little regard for coverage and throws nearly as many Int as TD.

If we treat the injury and OL hampered start of last year as an aberration Jones had evolved into a mobile but excessively cautious QB who does not turn the football over more than average.

They certainly are not like for like. That might make for a genuine competition of sorts if Jones is fit in camp.
If you live your life as a pessimist you never really live your life at all.

JT39

This probably ensures Jones won't take a snap next year.

Jolly Blue Giant

Regardless if he wins the backup position, he will bring some eye-candy to the Giants

His wife Natalie:

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin