News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Are the Giants the most 'who the hell knows?' team in this draft?

Started by MightyGiants, April 18, 2024, 01:10:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kartanoman

Quote from: katkavage on April 19, 2024, 07:36:23 AMYes I agree with this to an extent. The window is short. But if the high profile talent is wasted and the results are still sub par, the fans in the seats will get very antsy. That is why this year's draft is probably the most compelling for the Giants than any in memory. Though I think what they have to do is clear cut, it really isn't. There are so many factors to consider. But again, as I said above, I am not thinking 2024, but beyond that. I don't think anyone can realistically think the Giants can suddenly be a power next season.

There is absolutely zero expectation of the Giants becoming a powerhouse next season. Competitive, perhaps, but certainly not a power house. Close the gap with Dallas and Philly and the season will be successful.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

Ed Vette

Quote from: katkavage on April 19, 2024, 07:36:23 AMYes I agree with this to an extent. The window is short. But if the high profile talent is wasted and the results are still sub par, the fans in the seats will get very antsy. That is why this year's draft is probably the most compelling for the Giants than any in memory. Though I think what they have to do is clear cut, it really isn't. There are so many factors to consider. But again, as I said above, I am not thinking 2024, but beyond that. I don't think anyone can realistically think the Giants can suddenly be a power next season.
In 2004 the Drafting of Eli Manning rejuvenated the fan base because it was a fresh beginning after a very disappointing 2003. 2002 ended in much promise and those years are somewhat similar to today. I would expect a segment will be angry for a couple of years if the Giants have to trade away a lot to move up.

I can see if MHJ fell to the Giants that there would be some degree of optimism. We have fans here who would be very happy if that happened. The Cherry might be moving up for Nix from the second round. I would hope it wouldn't be a Mike Cherry.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin