News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Draft Survey

Started by Philosophers, April 24, 2024, 01:13:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

If No Trade At 6 And All Available

Drake Maye
30 (46.2%)
JJ McCarthy
9 (13.8%)
Malik Nabers
13 (20%)
Rome Odunze
13 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 65

Voting closed: April 26, 2024, 01:13:28 PM

Just_jimmy

Quote from: TONKA56 on April 25, 2024, 10:36:31 AMI can only imagine the wailing and gnashing of teeth if JJ is the pick and Maye is also available.
Not from me. I've been vocal about JJ as my guy since day one also. However, I wouldn't be disappointed with Maye either.  I think we HAVE to get one of the top 4 QBs.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Philosophers

Given the responses of over 50 people to this survey and the lack of a super high preference out of the four available, it is clear there may be a lot of very unhappy folks.

I suspect the unhappiness will be less at WR as folks voting for a WR may not mind the other as much however it could be much different at QB with a clearer preference to Maye.

katkavage

Quote from: Philosophers on April 25, 2024, 01:01:18 PMGiven the responses of over 50 people to this survey and the lack of a super high preference out of the four available, it is clear there may be a lot of very unhappy folks.

I suspect the unhappiness will be less at WR as folks voting for a WR may not mind the other as much however it could be much different at QB with a clearer preference to Maye.
I don't have  clear preference between JJ and Maye, so I'll be happy with either. The only QB of the 6 always mentioned I won't be happy with is Nix. I'd be shocked if the Giants took Penix. And yes, I'll be unhappy if the Giants draft a WR at 6, no matter how good he might be. When a team is rebuilding, taking a WR is a luxury that it cannot afford, especially if there is a void at the most important position on the field.

TDToomer

Have the Giants ever draft a WR at #6 or earlier? Ike Hilliard was taken 7th overall.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

Painter

Anyone not named McCarthy.

Cheers!

TONKA56

Quote from: Painter on April 25, 2024, 03:16:53 PMAnyone not named McCarthy.

Cheers!

Really? So you don't think he's got the juice?

GloryDays

Quote from: Jclayton92 on April 24, 2024, 07:56:57 PMThat's the problem with this draft, there's not much value to be had past pick 12.

If you are correct, this would be a quite unusual and weak draft. I believe every team needs to get minimum 3 quality starters out of each draft, in order to sustain their team's strength and replenish their 52 man roster!!

Jclayton92

:doh:
Quote from: GloryDays on April 25, 2024, 03:46:58 PMIf you are correct, this would be a quite unusual and weak draft. I believe every team needs to get minimum 3 quality starters out of each draft, in order to sustain their team's strength and replenish their 52 man roster!!
Multiple reports have that  :sick: most GMs only have 12 prospects with 1st round grades and only 90 prospects with draft able grades. So this might be the worst draft ever to trade back.

Painter

Quote from: TONKA56 on April 25, 2024, 03:39:59 PMReally? So you don't think he's got the juice?

No more than folks here, including moi, think that about Daniel Jones. And I'm not as sure about DJ.  =))

Cheers!