News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Have you noticed?

Started by Jolly Blue Giant, April 27, 2024, 03:54:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jolly Blue Giant

Last year, the Schoen introduced the modern war room - nothing on the walls except logo and team name, everyone with a laptop or monitor. I haven't seen any room as decked out as the Giants, but none of them have anything on the wall...unlike last year. Makes me wonder if deciphering the Cowboys' draft wall a couple years ago and seeing he had Thibs and Neal as no's 1 and 2 overall, made everyone rethink their war room
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

brownelvis54

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on April 27, 2024, 03:54:06 PMLast year, the Schoen introduced the modern war room - nothing on the walls except logo and team name, everyone with a laptop or monitor. I haven't seen any room as decked out as the Giants, but none of them have anything on the wall...unlike last year. Makes me wonder if deciphering the Cowboys' draft wall a couple years ago and seeing he had Thibs and Neal as no's 1 and 2 overall, made everyone rethink their war room

I noticed it too, I even mentioned it to my Wife
The KING is in the building

MightyGiants

I just wonder what happens if the computers or the network crap out
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Rosehill Jimmy

Quote from: MightyGiants on April 27, 2024, 04:18:44 PMI just wonder what happens if the computers or the network crap out

Hopefully they held onto the magnets
"It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

AZGiantFan

Quote from: MightyGiants on April 27, 2024, 04:18:44 PMI just wonder what happens if the computers or the network crap out

I would imagine they have a duplicate system in place for just that contingency.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

Jolly Blue Giant

After I posted this, I saw a couple of rooms that still had the stickies all over their walls. I'm sure they have hard copy backup in case massive electrical failure or computer glitch
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

kartanoman

What would happen if the Eagles paid North Korea's hackers to break into the network to steal all of the Giants' draft proprietary data?

Don't you all think each team has their own intranet, managed by its own IT manager / Information Security Officer, backed up on its own secure cloud, and power protected by their own battery backup / surge protectors?

Let's not start the Ronnie Barnes of the IT department now!!!

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

H-Town G-Fan

Guaranteed they have a contingency. I would be willing to bet there's a working fax machine just in case the worst happens.

spiderblue43

Quote from: kartanoman on April 27, 2024, 10:33:44 PMWhat would happen if the Eagles paid North Korea's hackers to break into the network to steal all of the Giants' draft proprietary data?

Don't you all think each team has their own intranet, managed by its own IT manager / Information Security Officer, backed up on its own secure cloud, and power protected by their own battery backup / surge protectors?

Let's not start the Ronnie Barnes of the IT department now!!!

Peace!

I wouldn't put it past the Eagles to conspire with North Korea ever.