News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

MoJo's Corner (2021 Camp Reports)

Started by babywhales, July 28, 2021, 02:48:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

babywhales

Our annual tribute to Mojo40, the man whose training camp reports where appreciated by so many.
"The biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has been accomplished."– G.B.S

babywhales

"The biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has been accomplished."– G.B.S

brownelvis54

A year ago, David Sills V was a star of training camp for the New York Giants. After spending 2019 on the Giants
The KING is in the building

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Slugsy-Narrows

I love stories like this!  This is why I also LOVE PRESEASON GAMES.

It

nb587

Maybe this is more in the hope department but I think that Siils and Pettis and to a lesser extent Mack can be productive NFL receivers which is part of the reason I was not crazy about drafting Toney in the 1st round.

LennG

Good job Chris.

But maybe someone might take the time to introduce Mojo to so many new members who never had the pleasure of meeting him, and explain why we have instituted something like this in his honor.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Bob In PA

Quote from: LennG on July 30, 2021, 08:04:37 PM
Good job Chris.

But maybe someone might take the time to introduce Mojo to so many new members who never had the pleasure of meeting him, and explain why we have instituted something like this in his honor.

I don't even know the full story, so I second Len's request.  Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

DaveBrown74

Quote from: nb587 on July 30, 2021, 05:50:37 PM
Maybe this is more in the hope department but I think that Siils and Pettis and to a lesser extent Mack can be productive NFL receivers which is part of the reason I was not crazy about drafting Toney in the 1st round.

Toney has the explosive playmaking ability that nobody else on the roster (including this year's expected starters) has. Talent-wise he is unique on this team. The question will be whether or not he can behave like a professional and also whether he can become a refined NFL route runner. Ability-wise and positional fit-wise I definitely think he was worth the pick though.

y_so_blu

I like Sills. Really hope he keeps a roster spot. From the original article:

When quarterback Daniel Jones needed a receiver to run some post-practice routes, guess who answered the call? Yup. Sills.

Jclayton92

Camp day 4 takeaways:

Coughlin shining at ILB

Martinez back and being eased in

Elerson Smith working on the side and conditioning was given the green light to practice.

Zo took Friday off but is back to full competition

Peart is back and cleared to go

Hernadez shining at RG

Secondary looks lethal- already looking like a cohesive unit

Rodarious Williams is murdering the 2nd/3rd team QBs nothing is getting past him and he's had 2 picks in 2 days

Ojulari is quietly killing practices, not much talk but tons of work and is making Thomas better daily. Thomas has had consecutive really good practices. 2 series had Williams and Ojulari on Thomas' side and held his own, communication across the line is much better than last year, with Thomas and Gates being the leaders.

Nothing to note on Xman, Beal, or Toney

Jones had a rough 1st practice but the past 3 have been significantly better.

Has been staying late with Golladay, Engram, Slayton, Sills, and Pettis

Ross has flashed in camp and is said to be working his butt off, asked DJ to stay and work routes with him

High expectations for Lawrence this year and he's come to camp hungry and energetic. Still has a really close bond to DJ

If the season started next week people in the organization think Barkley could play. They want him to take his time and build strength In the leg.

Quiet confidence from the organization as the offense is holding their own against the defense

McKinney looks like a superstar

Slugsy-Narrows

Thanks J sounds awesome.  We need to get and stay healthy. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trench

Great info thank you very much....the best part of this is the amount of players who seem to be