News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Predictions

Started by Philosophers, March 25, 2024, 06:02:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Philosophers

Last spring (2023) I went out on a limb here and wrote a post asking to make a prediction. My prediction then was that JJ McCarthy would be a top 20 pick in the 2024 Draft.  Bold since he was at best a 3rd rounder prediction by everyone.

Now, I will add another prediction.  JJ will be the 2nd QB taken in the 2024 Draft.

Let's hear some predictions folks.

UKGiantsFan

I predict I will record a few pre-draft podcasts giving my views on prospect fits to NYG. I then predict we will draft at least one player I didn't like🤣

londonblue

The Giants will astonish everyone and make a smallish trade back (max 6 slots) to take CB1 rather than gutting two drafts trading up or simply sticking at 6 and taking QB4 or WR2/3. Bold enough?
If you live your life as a pessimist you never really live your life at all.

AZGiantFan

I predict that someone will make a prediction that is correct and attribute it to perspicacity rather than to probability.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

Jclayton92

Quote from: Philosophers on March 25, 2024, 06:02:20 PMLast spring (2023) I went out on a limb here and wrote a post asking to make a prediction. My prediction then was that JJ McCarthy would be a top 20 pick in the 2024 Draft.  Bold since he was at best a 3rd rounder prediction by everyone.

Now, I will add another prediction.  JJ will be the 2nd QB taken in the 2024 Draft.

Let's hear some predictions folks.

I think Jaxson Dart, Tre Harris, and Quinshon Judkins are QB1, WR1, and RB1 in the 2025 Draft. The ole miss trio, well Judkins transferred to OSU but still I think they top the draft board next year at their respective positions.

Slugsy-Narrows

WR at 6 - Nabers or Odunze

Giants select Penix with their next pick

If May falls out of the top 3 they try and trade up and take him.

Philosophers

Quote from: Jclayton92 on March 25, 2024, 08:55:41 PMI think Jaxson Dart, Tre Harris, and Quinshon Judkins are QB1, WR1, and RB1 in the 2025 Draft. The ole miss trio, well Judkins transferred to OSU but still I think they top the draft board next year at their respective positions.

Now THAT's a prediction folks.  Long time away is what makes it special in addition to predicting 3 players.

Alamo

My 2 cents worth...The Chargers move up to get JJ..Then trade Herbert for a 1st rd pick..Coach says JJ the best player in the draft..That sounds like a coach in love..

Ed Vette

Quote from: Alamo on March 26, 2024, 09:45:07 AMMy 2 cents worth...The Chargers move up to get JJ..Then trade Herbert for a 1st rd pick..Coach says JJ the best player in the draft..That sounds like a coach in love..
And if that happens, they will trade Herbert to the Giants for their #6 pick.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

londonblue

Trading Herbert is a salary cap impossibility for the Chargers and for us (see Mighty, I do agree the cap is real and limits decisions in certain circumstances).

https://overthecap.com/player/justin-herbert/8746
If you live your life as a pessimist you never really live your life at all.

Philosophers

Quote from: Alamo on March 26, 2024, 09:45:07 AMMy 2 cents worth...The Chargers move up to get JJ..Then trade Herbert for a 1st rd pick..Coach says JJ the best player in the draft..That sounds like a coach in love..

Funny I wondered the exact same thing.  Reset the team with a new QB you really like that you already know well on a rookie contract.

killarich

If we dont get one of the top 3 picks (McCarthy is not one of them)

We go Nabers

then run stuffing DT in the 2nd round

Painter

Quote from: Ed Vette on March 26, 2024, 10:47:19 AMAnd if that happens, they will trade Herbert to the Giants for their #6 pick.

Sweet dreams are made of this
Who am I to disagree?
Everybody's looking for something.
 <:-P
Used and abused?
:-??

Cheers!

Ed Vette

Quote from: londonblue on March 26, 2024, 11:03:32 AMTrading Herbert is a salary cap impossibility for the Chargers and for us (see Mighty, I do agree the cap is real and limits decisions in certain circumstances).

https://overthecap.com/player/justin-herbert/8746

Which we discussed a month ago.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

brownelvis54

My prediction is by the time the draft rolls by, 1 million teenagers will have uploaded 15 million tik tok videos. Also Jaydan Daniels will be the #1 QB taken in the draft. Drake Maye will be there when we pick at 6. The Vikings will take Penix in the draft. Caleb will be a BUST and will be taken by Washington. McCarthy will go to New England. The Giants will select Troy Franklin in round 2
The KING is in the building