News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Let's Try Movie Quotes Again...

Started by jimv, May 08, 2020, 07:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eilasidogruoy

Quote from: LennG on May 31, 2020, 12:39:07 PM
I never heard any of them, so I sort of googles them and I know what movie they are from, but I have never seen it, so I never would have known otherwise.

True Romance. Highly recommended.  Christian Slater. Christopher Walken, Patricia Arquette,  Dennis Hopper, Brad Pitt, James Gandolfini, Val Kilmer and more. Screen play by Quentin Tarantino. He sold the rights to finance Reservoir Dogs. One of the best and most memorable scenes is with Walken and Hopper. I insist you watch it.
And all that in them is.

eilasidogruoy

Quote from: LennG on May 31, 2020, 12:39:52 PM
Do you know any of the Clint Eastwood quotes?

From the movies you put quotes up from, I would assume you are a lot younger than Myself and Jim, both who are 'older'. Most of the Eastwood quotes are from recent enough movies, so you should know a few of them.

I've seen my fair share of Eastwood movies but can't place the quotes to specific movies without cheating.

I'm all over the map with my quotes but I am younger than you guys I think. I'm 52. I dont generationally limit myself to films. I'm watching 42nd St right now as a matter of fact.
And all that in them is.

jimv

Quote from: eilasidogruoy on May 31, 2020, 01:50:50 PM
I've seen my fair share of Eastwood movies but can't place the quotes to specific movies without cheating.

I'm all over the map with my quotes but I am younger than you guys I think. I'm 52. I dont generationally limit myself to films. I'm watching 42nd St right now as a matter of fact.

Good for you!  Watch as many of the "old" movies as you can.  That way, you'll see what Lenny & I grew up with.

LennG

Quote from: eilasidogruoy on May 31, 2020, 01:50:50 PM

Great, keep those 'dancing feet' going. Ruby Keeler was great, one of my all-time favorite scenes in a movie.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

LennG

Quote from: LennG on May 29, 2020, 05:07:07 PM
Some of my favorite all time movie lines come from Clint Eastwood, so let's do some from his movies.

This should be pretty easy as you know the guy saying it

1--"I do not think about things I do not think about." "Do you ever think about things that you do think about?"---- Unforgiven

2---
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

LennG

Quote from: LennG on May 29, 2020, 05:04:16 PM
Let's try a few more

This time I'll give the decade the quote from the movie, was from

1---"I do not think about things I do not think about." "Do you ever think about things that you do think about?" -------- 1960s-----------Inherit The Wind

2---Yes. In the garden, growth has it seasons. First comes spring and summer, but then we have fall and winter. And then we get spring and summer again." "Spring and summer" "Yes." "Then fall and winter" "Yes."----------------1970s----------------------------------------------------Being There

3---They laughed at me and made jokes but I proved beyond the shadow of a doubt and with... geometric logic..............--------1950s-----------Caine Mutiny

4---

Charlie Weiss

jimv

I'm opening this thread up again.  And, I'm starting it with a quote from a somewhat obscure movie.  So, here goes:

30.  Wake up number 37.

LennG

Quote from: jimv on June 05, 2020, 01:30:18 PM
I'm opening this thread up again.  And, I'm starting it with a quote from a somewhat obscure movie.  So, here goes:

30.  Wake up number 37.

:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

Charlie Weiss

jimv

Quote from: LennG on June 07, 2020, 04:10:36 PM
:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

Lenny, I told you that it was a rather obscure movie.  And, because of that, I think there's a good chance you haven't seen it.  That's what's happened to me on a lot of quotes from elias & you.  Anyway, the quote is from "The Mothman Prophesies."  In the past few years, I've become a big fan of Laura Linney.  She's in it along with Richard Gere.  I think it's a movie you'd enjoy.

LennG

Quote from: jimv on June 07, 2020, 06:22:30 PM

Lenny, I told you that it was a rather obscure movie.  And, because of that, I think there's a good chance you haven't seen it.  That's what's happened to me on a lot of quotes from elias & you.  Anyway, the quote is from "The Mothman Prophesies."  In the past few years, I've become a big fan of Laura Linney.  She's in it along with Richard Gere.  I think it's a movie you'd enjoy.
Heard of it, might have seen it, but really rings no bell, and if I have seen it, quickly forgotten.

Charlie Weiss

jimv

Quote from: LennG on June 07, 2020, 08:21:37 PM
Heard of it, might have seen it, but really rings no bell, and if I have seen it, quickly forgotten.
[/quote

Give it another try. :greetings:]

T200

Question for all of you: Do you remember all of these quotes you're posting or do you look them up and then post them? If you quote them from memory, I am truly amazed!

Very rarely do I rewatch movies, but I have seen some of my favorites several times.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

jimv

Quote from: T200 on June 14, 2020, 08:48:17 AM
Question for all of you: Do you remember all of these quotes you're posting or do you look them up and then post them? If you quote them from memory, I am truly amazed!

Very rarely do I rewatch movies, but I have seen some of my favorites several times.

All the quotes I put up are from memory. :greetings:

T200

Quote from: jimv on June 14, 2020, 11:35:03 AM

All the quotes I put up are from memory. :greetings:
That is pretty impressive Jim!  =D> =D>
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

LennG

Quote from: T200 on June 14, 2020, 08:48:17 AM

Tim

I know most of the quotes but I do check them out to make sure I have them correct, as my memory isn't as good as Jim's.   ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
If I do check a certain quote and see there is another quote from that same movie, I might also put it up, only if I remember it. If it is some really obscure line that no one in hell would know, why bother. The object is to try and get the movie from the quote, so the quote should have some business as to what the movie is.

As I have said several times, we all have our movie favorites and when they are on, even if we have them in any sort of collection, we usually find time to rewatch them. There are just certain movies, that when I am scrolling through the stations and see it is on, I MUST watch some of it, no matter how many times I have seen it. Movies like Casablanca, seen maybe well over 100 times, and when I would see it on, I would turn to watch some of it. I feel the same about many such moves. Like last night, I was scrolling after my wife went to sleep and saw The Fugitive on. I have had to seen this movie so many times, but I always love certain parts of it, so on it went and I got hooked again and was up till 2:30 AM rewatching it. Yes, I could have DVRed it, but if I did, I probably wouldn't watch it from that. I can't tell you why, but just sort of stopping in and rewatching even parts of a great movie, just makes it worthwhile.

Charlie Weiss