News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Let's Try Movie Quotes Again...

Started by jimv, May 08, 2020, 07:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimv

Here'[s a real softball:

"I'd have liked to have seen Montana."  90s

jimv

Quote from: jimv on July 23, 2020, 04:48:40 PM
Same movie:

"A noble subject.  Would his King be as noble."

"God, receive the dead; the most noble knight of all!"

El Cid

jimv

Quote from: jimv on July 25, 2020, 04:26:54 PM
"I guess they just don't like the liquor we drink up here, eh General?  Ha-ha-ha-ha."  40s

Drums Along the Mohawk.

LennG

Quote from: LennG on July 25, 2020, 08:44:22 PM
Heres another one for you

"My father was fond of saying you need three things in life - a good doctor, a forgiving priest, and a clever accountant. The first two, I've never had much use for." 1990s

Schindler's List
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

LennG

Quote from: LennG on July 25, 2020, 08:51:22 PM
And another. Lets make this easy  year 2000s

first quote
"I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you."

And if you still don't get it from that

"Hold your ground, hold your ground!  my brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you *stand, Men of the West!*

That's a giveaway   :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

Think-Last chapter of of Triology--Best Pic winner

Lord of the Rings, Return of the King
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

LennG

Quote from: LennG on July 25, 2020, 02:05:31 PM
A couple more

"You see, I understand you men were just playin' around, but the mule, he just doesn't get it. Course, if you were to all apologize...:      1960s

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I got a man in Poughkeepsie who wants to talk to you. Have you ever been in Poughkeepsie? Huh? Have you ever been in Poughkeepsie?
Hey, man, come on, give me a break, man. I don't know what you're talkin' about!
Hey, come on, come on. Say it. Let me hear you say it. Come on. Have you ever been to Poughkeepsie? You've been in Poughkeepsie, haven't you? I want to hear it! Come on!
Yes. Yes. Yes. I've been there.   1970s

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Oh, Marcus. What are you trying to do, scare me? You sound like my mother. We've known each other for a long time. I don't believe in magic, a lot of superstitious hocus pocus. I'm going after a find of incredible historical significance, you're talking about the boogie man. Besides, you know what a cautious fellow I am."  1980s

#1--Fistful of Dollars

#2-French Connection

#3- Raiders of the Lost Ark

All big time popular movies.

Charlie Weiss

LennG

Quote from: LennG on July 03, 2020, 07:44:14 PM
A few for the 4th of July

" Y'know, this was supposed to be my weekend off, but noooo. You got me out here draggin' your heavy ass through the burnin' desert with your dreadlocks stickin' out the back of my parachute. You gotta come down here with an attitude, actin' all big and bad... "

"It seems it always happens. Whenever we get too high-hat and too sophisticated for flag-waving, some thug nation decides we're a push-over all ready to be blackjacked. And it isn't long before we're looking up, mighty anxiously, to be sure the flag's still waving over us. "

" They burned the flag and they demonstrated against us; it's on the cover of the paper today. They have no respect. They have no idea what's going on over there, Mom - the men that are sacrificing their lives. People are dying every day over there, and nobody back here even seems to care. It's a bunch of goddamn xxxx if you ask me! "

I went back and never got answers for these, so I guess everyone has given up

#1-Independence Day

#2--Yankee Doodle Dandy        (How can you have missed this one)

#3-Born on the 4th of July

Charlie Weiss

jimv

I DID get the "Independence Day" one if you go back & look.  I've got some of Eastwood's spaghetti westerns but I have no memory of any of the quotes.  I never saw "Born on the Fourth of July.  You got me on "Yankee Doodle Dandy!" Redfaced

TONKA56

Quote from: jimv on July 26, 2020, 07:03:02 PM
Here'[s a real softball:

"I'd have liked to have seen Montana."  90s

The Hunt For Red October

Good flick. Saw it in the theater with my now wife when we were dating in high school. 

LennG

Quote from: jimv on July 28, 2020, 10:19:14 PM
I DID get the "Independence Day" one if you go back & look.  I've got some of Eastwood's spaghetti westerns but I have no memory of any of the quotes.  I never saw "Born on the Fourth of July.  You got me on "Yankee Doodle Dandy!" Redfaced

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sv_GcxkmW4Y

Charlie Weiss

LennG

We all didn't do very well the last time, so I'll try a few more, whcich, as Jim would say--softballs

"Nuttall, me lad, there's just one other little thing. Do you think you could find me a good stout piece of timber? About so thick and so long?

Yes, I think so.

Then do so and lash it to your spine - it needs stiffening. Courage! We'll join you at midnight."

-------------------------------------------------------------

And another softball

"Did you mean to hit him in the hand, or was that just a bad shot?

It was a bad shot, Pop. I had to get off fast. Now I let that mug make a mug out of me, but don't let anybody try it again. Just keep in mind that I and the boys is candidates for hangin'. And the first time any one of ya makes a wrong move, I'm gonna kill the whole lot of ya!"

-----------------------------------------------

I'll try one more

A converstaion betwen two of the stars

"What do you need as evidence? Bloody footprints leading up to his door?

One thing I don't need is heckling. You called me and asked for help. Now you're behaving like a taxpayer.

You know by tomorrow morning, there may not be any evidence left in that apartment, you know that?

A detective's worst nightmare."

Charlie Weiss

jimv

Softballs?????  I don't recognize any of them!

LennG

Quote from: jimv on August 01, 2020, 02:41:37 PM
Softballs?????  I don't recognize any of them!

Come on Jim, really, read them again and there are obvious clues in each of them

OK, hints

#1===============1935

#2=============== 1936

#3==============1954

Charlie Weiss

jimv

#1 - The Informer.  (not a softball).

Still thinking on the other two.

LennG

Quote from: jimv on August 01, 2020, 07:28:32 PM
#1 - The Informer.  (not a softball).

Still thinking on the other two.

Good guess, but not correct.

OK, you need more help

#1-- Errol Flynn
#2--Humphry Bogart
#3==Jimmy Stewart

Charlie Weiss