News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Let's Try Movie Quotes Again...

Started by jimv, May 08, 2020, 07:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimv

Now that you've really jogged my old worn out brain:

1.  Captain Blood.

2.  Dead End.

3.  Right now, the name slips my mind.  It's the Hitchcock movie with Grace Kelly.

See how I'm starting to lose it?

LennG

Quote from: jimv on August 01, 2020, 07:50:58 PM
Now that you've really jogged my old worn out brain:

1.  Captain Blood.--RIGHT

2.  Dead End.  Right era, wrong movie (try Bette Davis)

3.  Right now, the name slips my mind.  It's the Hitchcock movie with Grace Kelly.

Right movie--Rear Window.

See how I'm starting to lose it?
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

jimv

Think Bette Davis???  The only two pix that I can remember their being both together in were "Marked Woman" ('37) & "Dark Victory" ('39).  I never saw the first & the quote doesn't fit the second.  Softie??? :-??

jimv

OOPS! Redfaced  They were also in "Pettrified Forest" but that was in '32.

LennG

Quote from: jimv on August 02, 2020, 07:25:38 AM
OOPS! Redfaced  They were also in "Pettrified Forest" but that was in '32.

:ok: :ok: :ok: :ok: :ok: :ok: :ok: :ok: :ok: :ok:

But age is getting to you.

Petrified Forest-- 1936     https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0028096/
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

jimv

Quote from: LennG on August 02, 2020, 12:12:08 PM
:ok: :ok: :ok: :ok: :ok: :ok: :ok: :ok: :ok: :ok:

But age is getting to you.

Petrified Forest-- 1936     https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0028096/

IT SURE IS!!!!!   ~X( ~X( ~X(   But, it's still NO softball!

LennG

Quote from: jimv on August 02, 2020, 04:05:30 PM

IT SURE IS!!!!!   ~X( ~X( ~X(   But, it's still NO softball!

It is if you are a Bogart fan.

Charlie Weiss

jimv

Quote from: LennG on August 02, 2020, 04:38:32 PM
It is if you are a Bogart fan.

I've always liked Bogart & have a good number of his movies.  But, I'm not gonna remember a quote from a movie so early in his career.  Do you know that Leslie Howard got him the role of Duke Mantee in the movie?  Bogart had played that role on the stage with Howard & Howard said he wouldn't play in the movie unless Bogart was in it.  Bogart always remembered Howard for his kindness. 

Bogart always downplayed his acting ability.  But, when someone asked him about "Treasure of the Sierra Madre," he said, "Yeah, that was a good one,"  That's my favorite Bogart movie.

LennG

Quote from: jimv on August 02, 2020, 06:10:33 PM

I've always liked Bogart & have a good number of his movies.  But, I'm not gonna remember a quote from a movie so early in his career.  Do you know that Leslie Howard got him the role of Duke Mantee in the movie?  Bogart had played that role on the stage with Howard & Howard said he wouldn't play in the movie unless Bogart was in it.  Bogart always remembered Howard for his kindness. 

Bogart always downplayed his acting ability.  But, when someone asked him about "Treasure of the Sierra Madre," he said, "Yeah, that was a good one,"  That's my favorite Bogart movie.

Yes, I know the story of how Bogie got that part. Duke Mantee. I also remember so many of the character's names that he played in many of his movies. Just like
Fred C.Dobbs in The Treasure of the Sierra Madre. That WAS Bogarts best role and he wasn't even nominated for best actor for it.

Charlie Weiss

jimv

" A man's life isn't worth a hill of beans but he follows his conscience."

jimv

Quote from: jimv on August 08, 2020, 08:21:26 PM
" A man's life isn't worth a hill of beans but he follows his conscience."

Well, that didn't go very far.  It's from "Friendly Persuasion."

I'd rather be doing this than writing in some other threads on the Front Page.

LennG

Sorry Jim, I didn't know you added anything to this thread. I KNEW that one.
One of my fav Gary Cooper movies.

Charlie Weiss

jimv

LennG

Now THAT is a softball.

I'll wait and see if anyone can tear themselves away from politics and virus to view and answer it.

Charlie Weiss

T200

If I can get it, it's definitely easy.

Maybe we can start a thread for the most widely known movie quotes  :P
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance: