News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Let's Try Movie Quotes Again...

Started by jimv, May 08, 2020, 07:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimv

Your hints gave them away to me, Lenny.  I'll let philo do his best.

LennG

Quote from: jimv on September 10, 2020, 06:12:51 PM
Your hints gave them away to me, Lenny.  I'll let philo do his best.

Yeah they really did make them 'softballs'.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

philo43

Quote from: LennG on September 10, 2020, 06:43:53 PM
Yeah they really did make them 'softballs'.

Actually, I have not watched either of these movies, but based on Lenn's gimmes - Deliverance and The Exorcist from all I have heard about them.

jimv

1,  "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

2.  "When a statesman forsakes his conscience for the sake of his public duty, he leads his country by a short road to chaos."

3.  "I coulda been a contenda!  I coulda been somebody!"

NOT for Lenny!!!

philo43

Quote from: jimv on September 11, 2020, 12:15:00 AM
1,  "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."Tora! Tora! Tora!

2.  "When a statesman forsakes his conscience for the sake of his public duty, he leads his country by a short road to chaos." Sounds familiar - have to sleep for 20 minutes or so on it

3.  "I coulda been a contenda!  I coulda been somebody!"On the Waterfront - one of Brando's memorable top 5 quotes

NOT for Lenny!!!

jimv

LennG

I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

jimv

"A question:  Do the machines in a factory need rest?  Does a ship feel tired?  Or is only people who feel so weary at night?"

LennG

Charlie Weiss

LennG

A new crop.

Depending on your knowledge these could be softballs or not

-----------------------------------------

"When a free man dies, he loses the pleasure of life. A slave loses his pain. Death is the only freedom a slave knows. That's why he's not afraid of it. That's why we'll win."

-------------------------------------------------------------------

"Mister Filby, do you think he'll ever return?

One cannot choose but wonder. You see, he has all the time in the world."

======================================

"For I intend to show this court that what Bertram Cates spoke quietly one spring morning in the Hillsboro High School is not crime. It is incontrovertible as geometry to any enlightened community of minds."

===========================================================

"So long as the Arabs fight tribe against tribe, so long will they be a little people, a silly people - greedy, barbarous, and cruel, as you are."

=================================================

"His brain has not only been washed, as they say... It has been dry cleaned."

==================================

"You're not going to use the story, Mr. Scott?

No, sir. This is the West, sir. When the legend becomes fact, print the legend."

Charlie Weiss

jimv

Quote from: LennG on September 12, 2020, 12:56:14 PM

A new crop.

"When a free man dies, he loses the pleasure of life. A slave loses his pain. Death is the only freedom a slave knows. That's why he's not afraid of it. That's why we'll win."   ???

One cannot choose but wonder. You see, he has all the time in the world."   The Time Machine

"For I intend to show this court that what Bertram Cates spoke quietly one spring morning in the Hillsboro High School is not crime. It is incontrovertible as geometry to any enlightened community of minds."   ???

"So long as the Arabs fight tribe against tribe, so long will they be a little people, a silly people - greedy, barbarous, and cruel, as you are."   Lawrence of Arabia

"His brain has not only been washed, as they say... It has been dry cleaned."

No, sir. This is the West, sir. When the legend becomes fact, print the legend."   The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance

philo43

Quote from: LennG on September 12, 2020, 12:56:14 PM

A new crop.

"When a free man dies, he loses the pleasure of life. A slave loses his pain. Death is the only freedom a slave knows. That's why he's not afraid of it. That's why we'll win." Spartacus???

One cannot choose but wonder. You see, he has all the time in the world."

"For I intend to show this court that what Bertram Cates spoke quietly one spring morning in the Hillsboro High School is not crime. It is incontrovertible as geometry to any enlightened community of minds." Inherit the Wind

"So long as the Arabs fight tribe against tribe, so long will they be a little people, a silly people - greedy, barbarous, and cruel, as you are."

"His brain has not only been washed, as they say... It has been dry cleaned."Manchurian Candidate????

No, sir. This is the West, sir. When the legend becomes fact, print the legend."

LennG

Gentlemen you got them all. GREAT job.  =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Charlie Weiss

GordonGekko80

Quote from: LennG on September 08, 2020, 01:08:51 PM
We have some really sharp guys playing along now

Lets try these and most aren't softballs

==============================================

"To protect the sheep you gotta catch the wolf, and it takes a wolf to catch a wolf."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"This is called farming! You kids are gonna grow all kinds of plants! Vegetable plants, pizza plants."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions."

-----------------------------------------------------------------

"I must break you"

-----------------------------------------------------------

We're not gonna get rid of anybody! We're gonna stick together, just like it used to be! When you side with a man, you stay with him! And if you can't do that, you're like some animal, you're finished! *We're* finished! All of us!

"This is called farming! You kids are gonna grow all kinds of plants! Vegetable plants, pizza plants." Wall-E  ;)

EDIT: Sorry I answered this one before I read all the other answeres... Thought it was unanswered still. :)

GordonGekko80

"What If Someone Does Something Irksome, And I Decide To Remove His Spine?"

"I don't know if you've been in a fight before, but there's not usually this much talking."

"He's a friend from work!"

"What