News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Let's Try Movie Quotes Again...

Started by jimv, May 08, 2020, 07:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

philo43

Quote from: GordonGekko80 on September 16, 2020, 03:34:11 AM
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I've watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in the rain."

"You have a problem with authority, Mr. Anderson. You believe you are special, that somehow the rules do not apply to you. Obviously, you are mistaken."

GordonGekko80

"Wake up, you piece of xxxx! Who's Venice?"
"Who?"
"Huh?"
"Who? Who?"
"Who? What are you, a fucking owl? Who is she? Some little hooker you were fucking last night?"

That's one of the best dialogues in the movie actually...  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

LennG

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I've watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in the rain."

Blade Runner ( I believe)

"You have a problem with authority, Mr. Anderson. You believe you are special, that somehow the rules do not apply to you. Obviously, you are mistaken."

The Matrix

I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

LennG

Quote from: GordonGekko80 on September 16, 2020, 06:34:53 AM
"Wake up, you piece of xxxx! Who's Venice?"
"Who?"
"Huh?"
"Who? Who?"
"Who? What are you, a fucking owl? Who is she? Some little hooker you were fucking last night?"

That's one of the best dialogues in the movie actually...  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Ha, this one I know--The Wolf of Wall Street--

Great movie. I loved Leo in this one.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

GordonGekko80

Quote from: philo43 on September 16, 2020, 06:06:04 AM
The first is scifi - which I don't watch - the others???

Lenny is right; Blade Runner. The first one from 1982 with Harrison Ford.

GordonGekko80

Quote from: LennG on September 16, 2020, 04:04:57 PM
Ha, this one I know--The Wolf of Wall Street--

Great movie. I loved Leo in this one.

I absolutely love this one. It's so funny that it makes me laught everytime I watch it and I have watched it 3-4 times for sure.

GordonGekko80

"Everything that follows, is a result of what you see here." - "What do I see here?" - "I'm sorry, my responses are limited. You must ask the right question."

I will give you a pointer: Will Smith. 2004.

jimv

Quote from: GordonGekko80 on September 17, 2020, 02:01:03 AM
I will give you a pointer: Will Smith. 2004.

Of course, I didn't see any of Smith's 2004 movies.  But knowing your  likes, Gordon, I would guess "I, Robot."

LennG

For whatever reason, Will Smith is just not favorite actor. he was OK in Independence Day but after that, or even before that, I wouldn't go out of my way to see any of his movies. Wasn't he in Hancock, I hated that movie. Sorry to anyone who liked it.

Charlie Weiss

GordonGekko80

Quote from: LennG on September 17, 2020, 04:57:17 PM
For whatever reason, Will Smith is just not favorite actor. he was OK in Independence Day but after that, or even before that, I wouldn't go out of my way to see any of his movies. Wasn't he in Hancock, I hated that movie. Sorry to anyone who liked it.

His role in the movie puts him in a tough spot, making him look like an a-hole.
But who I did like in that movie was Charlize Theron. She was smoking hot.  :D ;)

So the movie the quote was from was "I, Robot". It's not a bad one actually. Worthwhile watching, but again, movie tastes are subjective.

"Don't you want a woman of your own?"
"What for?"
"To share your name, bear your children, be a companion."
"To ask me to quit drinking, quit gambling and save money? And to bitch about her aches and pains all day? No thanks!"

GordonGekko80

"God's Not On Our Side Because He Hates Idiots, Also."

"People With Ropes Around Their Necks Don

jimv

Gordon, you're obviously a heck of a lot younger than I & our movie tastes differ widely.

LennG

Quote from: GordonGekko80 on September 18, 2020, 06:31:40 AM
"God's Not On Our Side Because He Hates Idiots, Also."

"People With Ropes Around Their Necks Don

Charlie Weiss

LennG

Quote from: GordonGekko80 on September 18, 2020, 06:11:14 AM
His role in the movie puts him in a tough spot, making him look like an a-hole.
But who I did like in that movie was Charlize Theron. She was smoking hot.  :D ;)

So the movie the quote was from was "I, Robot". It's not a bad one actually. Worthwhile watching, but again, movie tastes are subjective.

"Don't you want a woman of your own?"
"What for?"
"To share your name, bear your children, be a companion."
"To ask me to quit drinking, quit gambling and save money? And to bitch about her aches and pains all day? No thanks!"

This one I don't even have a guess

Charlie Weiss

LennG

Quote from: GordonGekko80 on September 17, 2020, 01:57:57 AM
Lenny is right; Blade Runner. The first one from 1982 with Harrison Ford.

I also liked this movie a lot. Never got the praise when it first came out, but developed into a sort of cult following until more people saw how good it really was.

Funny but I never saw the remake. Anyone--was that any good?

Charlie Weiss