News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Brian Daboll on Darren Waller

Started by MightyGiants, April 15, 2024, 01:18:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spiderblue43

Waller I'll believe it when I see it..

TDToomer

Well divorce is expensive so if he needs the money why retire?
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Philosophers

Quote from: Ed Vette on April 23, 2024, 05:05:44 PMDirty laundry... one day she'll tell her story. Lol

That's what I was thinking as well.

Giant Obsession

So now he will play this year.

Gonna need the cash.

Cut him now...absorb the hit.
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

AZGiantFan

Quote from: TDToomer on April 23, 2024, 04:59:35 PMWell divorce is expensive so if he needs the money why retire?

But who wants a player whose motivation is making up the money the divorce is costing him?  And then there is the element of the mental and emotional distraction.  It may be harsh, but this makes me want to cut him even more.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

TDToomer

Quote from: AZGiantFan on April 23, 2024, 09:02:18 PMBut who wants a player whose motivation is making up the money the divorce is costing him?  And then there is the element of the mental and emotional distraction.  It may be harsh, but this makes me want to cut him even more.

Because the talent is still there and it is better than anything else on the roster. With only 6 draft picks and many needs we may not draft a TE. You can't just go into training camp with Bellinger, Cager and the 2 nobodies they recently signed. I'd rather see how he looks this summer.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

spiderblue43

By the way. What happened to Bellinger after such a promising rookie season? He looked lead footed and sluggish. Remember..he Hulked himself out for camp last year and went pfft almost right away.

RelaxTension

I don't expect Waller is on the team come August.
Enjoy the moment it's the only way to live..

DJN

Quote from: spiderblue43 on April 25, 2024, 10:52:18 AMBy the way. What happened to Bellinger after such a promising rookie season? He looked lead footed and sluggish. Remember..he Hulked himself out for camp last year and went pfft almost right away.

His blocking was much worse then in 2022

TONKA56

Quote from: spiderblue43 on April 25, 2024, 10:52:18 AMBy the way. What happened to Bellinger after such a promising rookie season? He looked lead footed and sluggish. Remember..he Hulked himself out for camp last year and went pfft almost right away.

Hasn't been the same since the eye injury. Probably has problems with depth perception. 

T200

Quote from: AZGiantFan on April 23, 2024, 09:02:18 PMBut who wants a player whose motivation is making up the money the divorce is costing him?  And then there is the element of the mental and emotional distraction.  It may be harsh, but this makes me want to cut him even more.
Most players in the NFL have financial stability for their families as their top motivator.

Waller also has the benefit of less mental and emotional strife of a contentious marriage.

I hope he decides to play, is healthy, and balls out. One less question mark for us.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

AZGiantFan

Quote from: TDToomer on April 25, 2024, 10:24:43 AMBecause the talent is still there and it is better than anything else on the roster. With only 6 draft picks and many needs we may not draft a TE. You can't just go into training camp with Bellinger, Cager and the 2 nobodies they recently signed. I'd rather see how he looks this summer.

He hasn't shown that the talent, and the health needed to exploit it, is still there for 3 years. 

Not slowing my roll

TDToomer

Quote from: AZGiantFan on April 25, 2024, 02:11:39 PMHe hasn't shown that the talent, and the health needed to exploit it, is still there for 3 years. 

I only care about this year. He is still better than any other TE on the roster.

AZGiantFan

Quote from: TDToomer on April 25, 2024, 04:47:53 PMI only care about this year. He is still better than any other TE on the roster.

Well that's the point.  We have no evidence that this year he will be able to display that talent.

Not slowing my roll