News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT- Week 4 College Football

Started by Jclayton92, September 19, 2023, 11:14:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jclayton92

Wow what a loaded week!

No. 6 Ohio State at No. 9 Notre Dame

No. 15 Ole Miss at No. 13 Alabama Tense CBS afternoon game

No. 22 UCLA at No. 11 Utah

No. 19 Colorado at No. 10 Oregon

No. 14 Oregon State at No. 21 Washington State

No. 24 Iowa at No. 7 Penn State

DaveBrown74

Absolutely loaded week... just sick.

I'm an ND fan so that's the main event for me, but I'm also pumped for a bunch of these other games. We'll learn a lot about the balance of power in the top 10-15 teams this week.

What do you think of the Colorado/Oregon game with respect to the spread (21)? I know Oregon is good and it's obviously a tough place to play, but I wasn't expecting the spread to be a full three touchdowns. Maybe this is the week Coach Prime and the Buffs come crashing down to earth, but if I were an active bettor I'm not sure I'd want to be laying 21 points against them.

Jclayton92

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on September 20, 2023, 07:27:28 AMAbsolutely loaded week... just sick.

I'm an ND fan so that's the main event for me, but I'm also pumped for a bunch of these other games. We'll learn a lot about the balance of power in the top 10-15 teams this week.

What do you think of the Colorado/Oregon game with respect to the spread (21)? I know Oregon is good and it's obviously a tough place to play, but I wasn't expecting the spread to be a full three touchdowns. Maybe this is the week Coach Prime and the Buffs come crashing down to earth, but if I were an active bettor I'm not sure I'd want to be laying 21 points against them.
Yeah I think Oregon exposes Colorados D and Oline they just don't have the player's yet and Colorado hasn't been able to run it. Nix for Colorado tends to come up short in big games.

As an Ole Miss fan we've got Alabama this week and LSU next week, we win those two games we virtually win the west. We also have T a&m, miss st, Arkansas, Georgia, and Auburn on the schedule which is wild but beating Alabama and Lsu basically locks in us as the team in the SEC West I believe.

JT39

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Jclayton92 on September 20, 2023, 12:41:33 PMYeah I think Oregon exposes Colorados D and Oline they just don't have the player's yet and Colorado hasn't been able to run it. Nix for Colorado tends to come up short in big games.

As an Ole Miss fan we've got Alabama this week and LSU next week, we win those two games we virtually win the west. We also have T a&m, miss st, Arkansas, Georgia, and Auburn on the schedule which is wild but beating Alabama and Lsu basically locks in us as the team in the SEC West I believe.

Bama clearly looks suspect this year (relative to the norm). As an ND fan I have to say I was shocked when they took Tommy Rees to be the OC. He is as vanilla as Jason Garrett and doesn't know how to in-game adjust. Tyler Buchner is also suspect (zero accuracy). That said they have a tough D and I know Ole Miss has been banged up.

I suspect Oregon will blow CO out. This team is a fun little story but they're not going 12-0. Especially now that Hunter is out.

True Blue

Jclayton92

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on September 20, 2023, 12:51:40 PMBama clearly looks suspect this year (relative to the norm). As an ND fan I have to say I was shocked when they took Tommy Rees to be the OC. He is as vanilla as Jason Garrett and doesn't know how to in-game adjust. Tyler Buchner is also suspect (zero accuracy). That said they have a tough D and I know Ole Miss has been banged up.

I suspect Oregon will blow CO out. This team is a fun little story but they're not going 12-0. Especially now that Hunter is out.
We've been holding our top 2 Wrs Zakhari Franklin and Tre Harris back until this week they are going to play and are full go in practice. So is our #1 TE Kaden Priescorn, we will have him and Micheal Trigg at TE. So for the first time this season we'll have our top 5 Wrs and top 2 TEs and all our Rbs. I am pumped.

Jclayton92

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on September 20, 2023, 12:51:40 PMBama clearly looks suspect this year (relative to the norm). As an ND fan I have to say I was shocked when they took Tommy Rees to be the OC. He is as vanilla as Jason Garrett and doesn't know how to in-game adjust. Tyler Buchner is also suspect (zero accuracy). That said they have a tough D and I know Ole Miss has been banged up.

Oh yeah Rees is not Kiffin, Daboll, or Sark in that long list of great Alabama OCs. I don't think he knows how to run a proper offense.

Philosophers

I see a lot of questions among many of the so-called top teams or previous top teams.  Bama is a hot mess with 3 QBs not gettingit dine and an OC failing.

I am not a believer yet in Sark or Texas.  Too many entitled players from places like Southlake Carrol.  Ewers will not meet the bell at the end of the season.

UGA and OSU have huge uncertainty at QB.  It won't matter how good the rest of their team is. OSU hired a DC in Him Knowles who plays a style of D that can beat the Big 10 but is not a design to beat Michigan.  Think it will hurt them.  Michigan has yet to get its running game going like last year and they've already made some changes in OL which show the problem they are having.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Jclayton92 on September 20, 2023, 02:04:50 PMOh yeah Rees is not Kiffin, Daboll, or Sark in that long list of great Alabama OCs. I don't think he knows how to run a proper offense.

He's the Jason Garrett of college... 100%

JT39

Quote from: Philosophers on September 20, 2023, 12:43:58 PMWhy?

Why not?

Colorado has become a sideshow. Getting them grounded means a little more coverage and normalcy for the other teams who are actually really good.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: JT39 on September 20, 2023, 03:45:48 PMWhy not?

Colorado has become a sideshow. Getting them grounded means a little more coverage and normalcy for the other teams who are actually really good.

I hear you and I know people who are now rooting against Colorado. For me personally, I'm enjoying it. Sure Deion is cocky and self-aggrandizing and always has been, but I feel like it's an entertaining story that is adding some good juice to the college season. A lot of the clips of his locker room speeches etc have been fun to watch.

Without this Hunter kid they're not going to have much of a chance this weekend though. He's a Heisman caliber talent. I'm not saying they'd win with him, but I think they might be a bit more competitive. Oregon is a big time program though and Eugene is a very tough venue.

JT39

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on September 20, 2023, 03:53:21 PMI hear you and I know people who are now rooting against Colorado. For me personally, I'm enjoying it. Sure Deion is cocky and self-aggrandizing and always has been, but I feel like it's an entertaining story that is adding some good juice to the college season. A lot of the clips of his locker room speeches etc have been fun to watch.

Without this Hunter kid they're not going to have much of a chance this weekend though. He's a Heisman caliber talent. I'm not saying they'd win with him, but I think they might be a bit more competitive. Oregon is a big time program though and Eugene is a very tough venue.

Don't get me wrong - Colorado become relevant is good for football. No denial of that.

Losing Hunter is huge too. But the he hype, trash talking, coverage - it's way too overwhelming and it just feeds into Deion though. He eats up and makes it worse.

I will say Norvell was worse than Deion last week. You know what was said behind closed doors. The amount of cheap shots and dirty play was really hard to watch.

Philosophers

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on September 20, 2023, 03:53:21 PMI hear you and I know people who are now rooting against Colorado. For me personally, I'm enjoying it. Sure Deion is cocky and self-aggrandizing and always has been, but I feel like it's an entertaining story that is adding some good juice to the college season. A lot of the clips of his locker room speeches etc have been fun to watch.

They're not going anywhere because you need depth to win and they dont have it yet.  I think it's a great story for football.  Colorado would never be relevant doing it the usual way.  It needed a disruption such as what Deion did.  Now he has to see it through however if team outperforms, I can see a team with a bigger wallet come calling that is in the doldrums or massively underperforming.