News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

PFF heroes and goats for the 49ers game

Started by MightyGiants, September 22, 2023, 10:42:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

Heroes 75 and above
Goats below 55

OFFENSE

Heroes

NONE

Goats

Jalin Hyatt
Isaiah Hodgins
Daniel Bellinger
Evan Neal
John Michael Schmitz Jr.
Shane Lemieux
Marcus McKethan
Joshua Ezeudu
* Note-  Jones just missed Goat with a 55.0

DEFENSE

Heroes

Dexter Lawerence  (elite)
Leonard Williams (elite)
D.J. Davidson (elite)

Goats

A'Shawn Robinson
Bobby Okereke
Jason Pinnock
Jihad Ward
Micah McFadden
Rakeem Nunez-Roches
Tre Hawkins III
Boogie Basham
Kayvon Thibodeaux
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

Here are the pass-blocking grades

Evan Neal 48.2
John Michael Schmitz Jr. 22.8
Joshua Ezeudu 11.7
Marcus McKethan 3.9
Shane Lemieux 3.8

Here are the bad tackling grades

Jason Pinnock 25.8
Tre Hawkins III 26.3
Kayvon Thibodeaux 27.4
Deonte Banks 30.1
Micah McFadden 30.2
Bobby Okereke 42.5
Xavier McKinney 48.0
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

kingm56

We need a rating lower than Goat to accurately capture Shane L performance.  Is ass-clown acceptable? 

T200

McFadden shouldn't be on the GOAT list
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

MightyGiants

Quote from: kingm56 on September 22, 2023, 02:32:54 PMWe need a rating lower than Goat to accurately capture Shane L performance.  Is ass-clown acceptable? 

Sadly, that wasn't even the lowest pass-blocking grade for a Giants O-linemen this season. 

Game one-  Mark Glowinski-  1.0 pass-blocking grade
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

Quote from: T200 on September 22, 2023, 02:35:08 PMMcFadden shouldn't be on the GOAT list

Tim,

PFF credited McFadden with 3 missed tackles which helped drag down his score
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

T200

Quote from: MightyGiants on September 22, 2023, 02:37:17 PMTim,

PFF credited McFadden with 3 missed tackles which helped drag down his score
They need to recalculate the weight of missed tackles. He's credited with 9 solo tackles, 4 for a loss. One of the few defensive bright spots last night.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

kingm56

Quote from: T200 on September 22, 2023, 02:39:48 PMThey need to recalculate the weight of missed tackles. He's credited with 9 solo tackles, 4 for a loss. One of the few defensive bright spots last night.

Also, not all missed tackles are equal.  I could miss a tackle that results in a 1 yard gain, or miss a tackle for a 99 yard gain.  Both shouldn't be considered equal as a player may have the cognitive whereabouts to know when to gamble for a TO opportunity, vice when a sure tackle is needed.   

LennG

Quote from: kingm56 on September 22, 2023, 02:32:54 PMWe need a rating lower than Goat to accurately capture Shane L performance.  Is ass-clown acceptable? 

Give him the Ian Allen award for best imitation of a turnstile to the QB.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

LennG

I know Jones just missed, but he seems to be getting a pass here, mainly because of his 2nd half last week. IMVHO he did nothing to elevate the play of the offense. He doesn't look down the field (please don't tell me he didn't have time). He has become so comfortable at throwing these 5-yard passes that he barely looks elsewhere. Last year it was the WRs got no separation. Now we have a new crop, especially with speed, yet we just don't see very many passes down the field. Sorry, Jones may not have time for deep throws, but he certainly has time for 10-15-yard passes. I know he received all the praise last week and he did show he has the capability to raise the team, but more times than not, he fails to do that. He should be on the big BOO of the week also. When he plays well, we say so, yet when he doesn't it's always an excuse.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

kingm56

Quote from: LennG on September 22, 2023, 02:56:35 PMGive him the Ian Allen award for best imitation of a turnstile to the QB.

Lenny, I actually think that's an insult to Ian Allen. As bad as he was, Shame is worse...much worse. 

gregf

Wow,  those o line grades are insane.   Guess we need AT, Brederson and glow back.   Disappointed Ezuada and McKethan bombed, surprise about Schmitz.  The o line coach should be on the hot seat.Thibs bombed as well. 
   Watching from the stands it did not look that bad for pass protection, except the Lemuix whiff

B1GBLUE

Wow. i honestly thought the oline played a little better than those scores suggest.

sooners56

Those grades seem low for the Oline as it seemed Jones had decent to average protection. I seen one play where it appeared he had time to throw to Hyatt who wasn't open yet but was and if Jones just threw it it would have been a TD
Ain't nothing to it but to do it!