News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Daboll Addressed a lot of the issues discussed in today's presser

Started by MightyGiants, September 22, 2023, 03:16:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rambo89

Quote from: BluesCruz on September 23, 2023, 07:58:33 AMthe reason we didnt run was we didnt get to it?

Is he all there?

Maybe its time to do a real HC search not just have the GM hire his buddy

very disappointing game and answers

We need better and again this falls in Mara's lap- fix it John
insist that some heads roll

Daboll should have gotten some sleep before facing the press

lots of pat answers or non answers.....very little detail

maybe doing so well last year was a fluke and protected non-performers from off season changes

Is this going to be another Ben McAdoo flame out- one great year and done?

We need someone to come in and just concentrate on the Oline- historically a running Giants joke
It needs to be fixed.  What was with the Lemieux experiment......after the line had performed well the week before we stir it up with a guy who had not seen serious reps in years?

someimes "if it aint broke- dont fix it"

Seems we are missing that the opponents aren't the same from week to week.  Going from playing a team that is likely going to have a Top 3 draft selection to playing a Super Bowl contender is like night and day. 
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

BluesCruz

Quote from: Rambo89 on September 23, 2023, 08:59:05 AMSeems we are missing that the opponents aren't the same from week to week.  Going from playing a team that is likely going to have a Top 3 draft selection to playing a Super Bowl contender is like night and day. 

opponents???  we could not beat the little sisters of the poor with that coaching and effort
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

Rambo89

Quote from: BluesCruz on September 23, 2023, 09:26:06 AMopponents???  we could not beat the little sisters of the poor with that coaching and effort

Yes, opponents meaning you look a lot better against one of the worst teams in the league vs one of the best teams in the league on short rest on the road when you're banged up.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

Giantleap56

I think we can all agree just by record on prime time. That the Giants lack PRIME TIME players. I'm not a big KT guy, what I saw in college didn't impress me. Ojulari is always MIA. Williams he is just a run clogger there is no front 4 in defense just a front 1 just Dexter. As for the secondary if they can't tackle they are useless, it's just a shaky umbrella that a gust of wind can blow it apart.

As far as the O-line, where to start. The coaching has to be better at preparing the O-line. If they can get them to work in unison we in trouble. As for Evan Niel I think he will be very good. I don't want him to lose anymore weight he needs to get strong in the legs. I don't mind him moving to guard and Ezudu taking over the OT. The Giants need to revamp the positions on the O line.

The receivers are suppose to have YAC guys added this year. Campbell he can't get past 3-5 yards, where is the 4.3 speed.

Sem

Quote from: Ed Vette on September 23, 2023, 07:20:43 AMAnd he never yanked him in the second half.

I assume they started Lemieux to help establish the run. But when they abandoned the run I fully expected to see a change made. It never was which perplexed me.

Ed Vette

Quote from: Sem on September 23, 2023, 11:44:34 AMI assume they started Lemieux to help establish the run. But when they abandoned the run I fully expected to see a change made. It never was which perplexed me.
Is he a better run blocker than Glowinski? IDK, we haven't see Lemieux since 2021 and he wasn't good then.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Sem

Quote from: Ed Vette on September 23, 2023, 11:46:56 AMIs he a better run blocker than Glowinski? IDK, we haven't see Lemieux since 2021 and he wasn't good then.
What other possible reason could there have been since he's proven to be the human turnstile in pass-pro.

Ed Vette

Quote from: Sem on September 23, 2023, 01:15:55 PMWhat other possible reason could there have been since he's proven to be the human turnstile in pass-pro.
He hired a private investigator to follow Kafka and is blackmailing him?
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Sem

Quote from: Ed Vette on September 23, 2023, 01:55:21 PMHe hired a private investigator to follow Kafka and is blackmailing him?
That would make infinitely more sense to me.  =))