News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Seems like a lot of commentators are saying Lock will beat out Jones

Started by MightyGiants, May 07, 2024, 10:50:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trench and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Painter

Quote from: Trench on May 08, 2024, 03:00:06 PMMy point being - I don't agree with you either. And that is ok.

However you should be a little nicer and not state as fact anyone not holding the same opinion of you doesn't "reflect that of a true Giants fan"....that is simply not true and is beneath what this board is all about. I would hope the moderators and the owner would agree.

Either you're missing the point, or prefer less candor when it comes to taking exception to those who are so singly invested in the relentless bashing of Daniel Jones and ridiculing of the team for his presence.

By no means has been it a one-off or a "fool me once" failure-rooting exercise to which I am taking exception. If you don't like it, you can tsk, tsk about it all you like without having to whine to teacher. What do expect them to do, spank the armadillo? 

Cheers!

Trench

Quote from: Painter on Today at 09:50:53 AMEither you're missing the point, or prefer less candor when it comes to taking exception to those who are so singly invested in the relentless bashing of Daniel Jones and ridiculing of the team for his presence.

By no means has been it a one-off or a "fool me once" failure-rooting exercise to which I am taking exception. If you don't like it, you can tsk, tsk about it all you like without having to whine to teacher. What do expect them to do, spank the armadillo? 

Cheers!

Your post makes no sense to me whatsoever. I have no ill will towards whatever you believe or root for. I simply ask you for the same courtesy.

AZGiantFan

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on May 08, 2024, 07:47:31 PMYup. That game was a complete fiasco. One of the worst performances in franchise history if not the worst. We looked like an expansion team going up against the defending SB champs in that game. Even worse than that, actually. More like a college team playing a good NFL team.

We were only a 2 or 3 point underdog in that game too, and many people were backing the Giants.

We should have expected it after our joint practices and ps game with Detroit showed how the Lions were preparing far more intensely and purposefully than the Giants.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

MightyGiants

I listened to Pat Leonard's recent podcast.  He is trying very hard to make this a story.  He cited the comments by the Seahawks GM; he claims to have heard from his own inside sources, and he declared that Daniel Jeremiah is no longer just a draft guru but an NFL insider as well.

He never mentioned that Schoen and Lock himself denied the claims. As a sports journalist, Leonard was required to report all the relevant facts, not cherry-pick them to pursue his self-serving agenda.

I had sort of been warming up to Pat of late, but I am troubled by what I consider his less-than-honest reporting.  I am not even saying Pat had to believe Schoen's or Lock's claims, but it was dishonest not to include them in is reporting.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Painter

Quote from: Trench on Today at 12:17:56 PMYour post makes no sense to me whatsoever. I have no ill will towards whatever you believe or root for. I simply ask you for the same courtesy.

If you think I was discourteous to you, you have no idea what that means. As for ill-will, call it what you like, but you also seem confused as to whom, what and why I have been critical. Otherwise, I have no idea what you are talking about. Perhaps, that's just as well.

Cheers!

Trench

Quote from: Painter on Today at 01:07:51 PMIf you think I was discourteous to you, you have no idea what that means. As for ill-will, call it what you like, but you also seem confused as to whom, what and why I have been critical. Otherwise, I have no idea what you are talking about. Perhaps, that's just as well.

Cheers!

I was pointing to when you threw out the label, gratuitous and mean spirited beneath what is a Giants fan