News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

The Giants draft WR Malik Nabers round one

Started by MightyGiants, April 25, 2024, 08:53:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

TONKA56

Just_jimmy

Pointless pick when we don't have the position that actually matters.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Stringer Bell

So much for Slayton's leverage...lol.

Very happy with the pick.

H-Town G-Fan

Quote from: Just_jimmy on April 25, 2024, 08:55:08 PMPointless pick when we don't have the position that actually matters.

JJ McCarthy doesn't fix that for at least a year, if at all.

Jclayton92

I liked odunze better but I'll wait 3 years.

EDjohnst1981

Somebody has to get him the ball. Jones, Lock, whoever.

Let's go. No excuses.

TONKA56

Quote from: H-Town G-Fan on April 25, 2024, 08:56:00 PMJJ McCarthy doesn't fix that for at least a year, if at all.

It's going to have to get fixed eventually.

Just_jimmy

Quote from: H-Town G-Fan on April 25, 2024, 08:56:00 PMJJ McCarthy doesn't fix that for at least a year, if at all.
The current situation will never fix it.  A WR won't either, no matter how good the kid is.

Doc16LT56

Top-3 talent in this draft. Once the 3 QBs went, you can't pass on rare talent like this.

LennG

OBJ really didn't help the Giants win. Good player but wrong thinking.
What will the excuses for Jones be now?
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

sooners56

Shiny hood ornament without an engine or the frame 😂 🤷🏼�♂️ Malik is going to be a stud though but most likely be a diva by year 2
Ain't nothing to it but to do it!

H-Town G-Fan

Quote from: TONKA56 on April 25, 2024, 08:57:43 PMIt's going to have to get fixed eventually.

Sure, but that's where they found themselves: outside the top-3 QBs, tried to move up to get one, and when they couldn't do it they stood pat and took a top playmaking talent (who would be a top WR in most drafts). Moving back, if possible, was dangerous in a thin class. They need difference makers, and Nabers could be just that.

Philosophers

How is this different than Saquon pick?  RB needs an OL.  WR needs a QB.

Gmo11

Love Nabers.  Loved Rome too.  I think as far as least likely to bust it was one of those guys.  Having said that...without a QB will it really matter?  JJ grew on me as the process went on so I would have been fine with him too.  I just hope the Giants can end up with Penix or Nix too.