News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

The Giants draft WR Malik Nabers round one

Started by MightyGiants, April 25, 2024, 08:53:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

y_so_blu

Someone already said it, but this is like picking Saquon all over again.

I'm going back to sleep. Wake me when we have a quarterback to build around.

Stringer Bell

Quote from: andrew_nyGiants on April 25, 2024, 09:21:17 PMReally good player....but we need A LOT OF THEM.

Could've collected a Kings RANSOM from the Vikings or the Broncos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Obviously not being that Penix went before JJ, and Minn only needed to trade a 4th and 5th.

LennG

Quote from: AYM on April 25, 2024, 09:23:57 PMHe's fired up we didn't go QB in round 1 lol.

He can be as fired up as he wants it still takes talent to succeed.
What will the excuses be now?
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

MightyGiants

Round 1 • Pick 6 (6)
SEE ALL
Nabers possesses the competitive fire and instincts teams look for in an elite playmaker. The LSU wideout is a big-time playmaker who can make the game easier for Daniel Jones with his route-running and yards-after-the-catch ability, turning short passes into big gains for Big Blue. -- by Bucky Brooks
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

Pre-Draft Analysis
Nabers is LSU's all-time leader in receptions (189) and receiving yards (3,003). He's an explosive route runner who is a nightmare matchup out of the slot. He separates from man coverage and excels at working the deep middle against zone looks. Nabers is outstanding after the catch, too. He's an instinctive open-field runner who reaches his top-end speed in a flash and can break tackles. He has the wheels to take the top off the coverage, and he tracks the deep ball well. -- Steve Muench

Matt Miller's pro comp: Jaylen Waddle

Read: Full scouting report on Nabers
Post-Draft Analysis
Nabers brings an electrifying presence to the Giants. New York showed that they believe in Daniel Jones under center and got him a true WR1. Nabers led the country in receiving yards per game last season (120.7), and he can play in the slot -- where he caught 1,009 yards last season (fourth-most in the FBS) -- or outside for the Giants. He will team up with Jalin Hyatt and Wan'Dale Robinson to give this team a young trio to build around. -- Jordan Reid

Overall value: Bargain. Marvin Harrison Jr. is the top receiver on the board, but Nabers had the same grade and is third overall for me. The value and the Giants' need at the position make this an outstanding pick. -- Muench
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

andrew_nyGiants

Quote from: Stringer Bell on April 25, 2024, 09:25:53 PMObviously not being that Penix went before JJ, and Minn only needed to trade a 4th and 5th.
The Giants picked 6th, there was no way Minn knew it would unfold that way at that point. No doubt there was an offer sitting there. IMHO

From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

StompYouOT

Love the pick, gotta grab that type of talent with a 6 overall. Yeah we need someone to get him the ball and I think we will Even if it's not this draft.

JJ at 6 would have been a mistake

DJN

This was by far the safest pick for the tean...Give Jones a top WR and hopefully, an improved line, and then lets judge him

spiderblue43

It was the best option. Nabers is a supreme talent on a team that needs great potential players everywhere.

They couldn't get a top line qb..so they acted sensibly. Next year is another opportunity to find the future at qb. It wasn't going to happen without digging a hole now and into next year. JJ wasn't the answer.

Stringer Bell

Quote from: andrew_nyGiants on April 25, 2024, 09:31:19 PMThe Giants picked 6th, there was no way Minn knew it would unfold that way at that point. No doubt there was an offer sitting there. IMHO

And based on how things played out, it's much more likely there was no "king's ransom" offer. The evidence doesn't back your opinion.

TONKA56

Quote from: LennG on April 25, 2024, 09:29:25 PMHe can be as fired up as he wants it still takes talent to succeed.
What will the excuses be now?

Probably still offensive line. Or lack of running game production.

Gmo11

Quote from: TONKA56 on April 25, 2024, 09:49:09 PMProbably still offensive line. Or lack of running game production.

They'll find something.  They always do.

UncannyGfan

Quote from: MightyGiants on April 25, 2024, 09:29:32 PMRound 1 • Pick 6 (6)
SEE ALL
Nabers possesses the competitive fire and instincts teams look for in an elite playmaker. The LSU wideout is a big-time playmaker who can make the game easier for Daniel Jones with his route-running and yards-after-the-catch ability, turning short passes into big gains for Big Blue. -- by Bucky Brooks

I'm not certain that Jones thrives in a short pass offence (e.g. was Waller the right fit?), but Nabers has a ton of talent. 

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE