News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

With the 47th pick the Giants select….

Started by madbadger, April 25, 2024, 10:32:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbadger

We have needs at guard, running back, corner, defensive tackle and safety. Who do you guys want? 47 might be too early for running back as you can usually find a good one in the third round or later. At guard I could see a reluctance to keep throwing first and second round picks at the problem. My guess would be corner or defensive tackle.

jgrangers2

DT Braden Fiske, DT Kris Jenkins, CB Max Melton and CB Mike Sainristil are a few of the guys I like at 47

Jolly Blue Giant

DT Darius Robinson, LB Payton Wilson, DT Braden Fiske, DT Kris Jenkins, CB Max Melton, S Cole Bishop, and (fat chance OG Jacson Powers-Johnson or OT/C/OG Graham Barton)
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

gregf

CB, RB, and safety are in play. Personally,  I hope the next 2 picks build the trenches at guard and DT.

madbadger

Quote from: gregf on April 25, 2024, 11:05:42 PMCB, RB, and safety are in play. Personally,  I hope the next 2 picks build the trenches at guard and DT.

IMHO there are three very good running ba is in this draft. I know people say you can find a starter in the 4th round but if the goal is to build an offense this year so that who ever they draft next year can transition smoothly than you can't discount a running back.  Corum, Benson and Brooks are going to be good backs for the next 6 or 7 years.

killarich

Gmo11

There's still a few picks in the 1st round yet to go but given how things have shaken out to this point I think the Giants go CB in Round 2 provided a good one is still available.  I think they know that this team is going to need the defense to carry them which is why they got Burns and signed him to a mega deal.  CB opposite Banks is kind of wide open right now and if they can get a solid player there this defense has the potential to be one of the best. 

DaveBrown74

BPA for me, within reason. We have too many needs to use a top 50 pick on a RB for example. I also probably wouldn't draft a center, and there is no QB I would take either under any circumstances. I'd probably avoid taking another WR in this round too given we just took one sixth overall. But any of CB, OG, OT, DT, OLB, etc I'd be down with getting the best of. I view CB as perhaps the single biggest need but hardly the only one.

Philosophers

I think Mike Sainristil will go before Gmen pick.  I like a Guard or RB.  Keep working on the offense.

londonblue

Given how unpredictable R1 was it is hard to say.

My guess is one of Tyler Nubin, Mike Sainristil (degenerative knee concern), TJ Tampa or Braden Fiske if there at 47 but a G like Beebe or Haynes or T like Paul is also possible if available.

Will guys like DeJean, McKinstry, Newton keep falling due to their respective injury concerns? If so, how far and how do we feel about the risk/reward? McConkey is in the same boat but surely we will not double dip WR?!

Adonai Mitchell got dinged on character. Will Sweat (expected R2) also get hit (not that we need another massive DT rather than a 3T)?
If you live your life as a pessimist you never really live your life at all.

bamagiantfan

With only 3 CBs and 1 DT drafted on Thursday night, it shapes up well for the Giants to start Day 2.

If the Giants DO actually want a Guard as an upgrade to what they have, all of them are still on the board, as are all the Safties. That was expected though. There isn't much separation between the top 3 guards, so one of them will probably be there at #47 if they want one.

With the money the Giants have tied up in edge rushers it might be difficult to sign Ojulari after this season. With five guys on the last year of their deal at LB they may go for some depth at Edge/OLB. CB has a similar problem.

For me, getting good CBs and DTs late in the draft rarely happens. McKinstry and DeJean could be the first two picks of Round 2. My preference would be CB Ennis Rakestraw Jr., Missouri or DT Braden Fiske, Florida State in the 2nd, and hope the Guards keep falling and you can pick op a quality one in the 3rd Round.

By position, the value going into Round 2 remains at WR followed by CB and DT.

I know you believe you understand what you think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant - Robert McCloskey (if he were on this Forum)

MightyGiants

Quote from: madbadger on April 25, 2024, 10:32:45 PMWe have needs at guard, running back, corner, defensive tackle and safety. Who do you guys want? 47 might be too early for running back as you can usually find a good one in the third round or later. At guard I could see a reluctance to keep throwing first and second round picks at the problem. My guess would be corner or defensive tackle.

I agree with the part in bold
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jclayton92

Who do you hope the Giants grab?

Couple premier corners

All the Rbs still left

Few Oline and Dline

I would not be mad if we could grab Dejean to pair with Banks for the next decade. I also wouldn't be mad if we grabbed our pick of the Rbs today.

sooners56

I want a CB, Cooper Or Ennis or a disruptive DLineman ala Fiske. Hopefully one of the 3 will be available
Ain't nothing to it but to do it!

Jolly Blue Giant

It's going to be interesting because Schoen is not afraid to move around the chess board. If there's a player he really wants, he'll trade up and if he sees that there isn't great value, he's liable to trade down and add some draft stock

I believe there are a few players left on the board that Schoen craves, and he's a good enough poker player to get what he wants. For me, I'd trade up to get OG Jackson Powers-Johnson who I believe is a better guard than Graham Barton who went in the first. JPJ manhandled the best pass rushers that the Senior Bowl could throw at him. He DOMINATED them over and over. I'm still a little shocked he's still on the board

If the Giants stand pat again, I'd be happy with the best CB (Max Melton, Cooper DeJean [although he's more of a nickel back], Mike Sanistrail??), or a DT, someone like Kris Jenkins, or Braden Fiske

And I'd do my happy dance if they drafted LB Payton Wilson, who I think is the most exciting defensive player in the entire draft

The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh: