News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Interesting wrinkle in the Wink saga

Started by MightyGiants, January 09, 2024, 11:45:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jolly Blue Giant

I can't see Wink getting on his hands and knees and begging to stay and pleading for a second chance. His ego won't allow it
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

H-Town G-Fan

Quote from: MightyGiants on January 09, 2024, 11:45:44 AMhttps://x.com/JordanRaanan/status/1744723314650820791?s=20

This is what makes me think that a bunch of this is Wink's camp leaking info. Daboll and Co. aren't going to say he's resigned given... he really hasn't. Has to be coming from Wink. And for me that tracks with the leaks of friction between Daboll and Wink during the season. Really think the info trickling out over months saying he was going was to justify his departure and was from Wink.

coggs

This is going to be a game of chicken.  Wink will want the ok to interview for other jobs without their consent as a condition of his resignation.  Giants can't hire anyone until he officially resigns.  If they do, he could make the case he was fired and therefore free to sign with anyone.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on January 09, 2024, 11:48:03 AMI can't see Wink getting on his hands and knees and begging to stay and pleading for a second chance. His ego won't allow it

If Wink is fired, he gets paid his salary this year.  If he resigns, then he does not get his salary (and I think the Giants may have a say if he gets another NFL job).  It's possible Wink floated the resigned story to push the Giants to let him go.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Philosophers

I think folks are over reaching here.  Maybe Wink pushed or agreed to these changes willingly.

uconnjack8

If he resigned, I highly doubt the Giants would stop him from taking another job.  That's petty.

Sem

Quote from: uconnjack8 on January 09, 2024, 12:13:59 PMIf he resigned, I highly doubt the Giants would stop him from taking another job.  That's petty.
I don't see how they could stop him if he resigns.

H-Town G-Fan

Quote from: Sem on January 09, 2024, 12:18:18 PMI don't see how they could stop him if he resigns.

They would have his rights in the event he resigns from his position, I believe. If they fired him, they wouldn't.

Doc16LT56

Quote from: Sem on January 09, 2024, 12:18:18 PMI don't see how they could stop him if he resigns.
It's no different than if a player quits the team. They wouldn't be free to sign with another team.

T200

His contract is through next season. If he resigns, he's still under contract unless the Giants release him.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

MightyGiants

https://x.com/DarrylSlater/status/1744767369740734707?s=20
Quote from: T200 on January 09, 2024, 12:28:58 PMHis contract is through next season. If he resigns, he's still under contract unless the Giants release him.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

T200

I hope he gets the Washington HC job. I'd like that.  :ok:
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Gman329

What the Giants are worried about and what they will use every NFL rule to stop is Wink going down I-95 to the Eagles. 

Philosophers

Why would Giants blow up defensive coaching when the O side and STs are the problem?